Gun Ho to close after October Game

CaptainSwoop
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This was COMPLETELY unexpected.

Gun Ho is an 8-10 minute drive from my house, because of it's closure, I will not play anywhere near as frequently, because all the closest sites are at least 40 minutes to an hour away. I respect their decision to close due to other commitments, but this really, really sucks.

I wish them luck in the future, I hope they make the last game a great one. ;)

Shildon or Northern Alliance would be the next closest then Scarborough well, it's this side of scarborough)

I live in Guisborough so Gun Ho is ideal.

Great fun was had on Sunday, sad news indeed.

I suppose if there are a few players in Guis area some kind of car share could be worked out to keep costs down.

Well...crap.

I'm sad to hear that; I've been looking for a new local site up this way since I've moved, and out of the 4 up here; Gun Ho was next on my list to try.
A shame for us players as I've heard lots of good things about the place, but I wish the staff and owners luck nonetheless!

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic Finale at Gun Ho today. Over 50 Skirmishers turned out for a rousing last battle.

Even the Gods of AIrsoft Weather smiled and the forecast showers stayed away and we had sunshine for most of the day.

Plenty of intense battles and lots of Pyro.

Absolutely brilliant. Not only was the turnout the largest I've ever seen at that site, and the battles were amazing, but I also got an AEG for cheap! Clean it, buy it some fancy parts and it'll be as good as new. ;)

Was insane when my friend's gun jammed and I had to run around unarmed for a while, was just sprinting around trying to medic people back in the game. At one point I had three people in front of me in need of a medic and I was just laying down counting them back in while under fire from an entire fort. We all got shot, but it was damn intense.

I got two of their rental guns :)

One stripped and being serviced the other waiting for the same.

They are good Classic Army M15A4s good metal gearbox.

It was intense. In the final 'Peg' game my battery died so I spent some time as a Medic then nipped back to the safe zone for a battery swap.

When I left our fort was under intense fire and most of the team were waiting for a medic.

By the time I got back the fight had swung the other way completely.

Twenty Fiv a side was rather intense!

In the last game all the Martials joined in as well.

Lots of good Pyro as well. It's a shame it's gone it was right on my doorstep. It will have to be a bit of a journey now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived