How old are Airsofters?

CaptainSwoop
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Airsofters Age  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 18
    • 18-20
    • 20-30
    • 30-40
    • Over 40

• Supporters

NO the cake is a lie

Just to clarify - you will be baked, and then there will be cake.

• Supporters

Happy Birthday, Adam.

at risk of sounding stupid, what's a 'bronie'?

Bronie; a man or adolescent boy who is obsessed with the animated TV show My Little Pony. Mainly socializes through the comments section of youtube videos.

• Supporters

Are there such people! My mind is Boggled!

Oh yes. There are a great many of them. Trust me, if that kind of thing boggles your mind then you really should stick to the shallow end of the internet. All kinds of freaks and weirdos out there!

I am familiar with the depths of Depravity that infests the far corners of the, dark and fetid dungeons of the Internet but some things are too much to contemplate!

Even HP Lovecraft would turn his eyes away!

Is there anyone who plays airsoft not to do with joining or wanting to be in the army?

Love guns, against what the British forces have been doing for the last few decades.

Only military i would join is the Malaysian forces. Actually there for defending land and country rather than the interests of politicians and the 1%.

Never really liked the huge whitewash of Army wannabe's around. Having a loadout is fine, but it's just the ethos of everything which turns the sport into some weird sport that the media and other people can prey on.

We're just men playing in woods, not some sort of army training camp.

• Supporters

Bottom line, Tariq. I think most of us would prefer it if our armed forces personnel were only asked to risk life and take life when the cause was unambiguously morally just. What is morally just is such a massive debate though, eh? Leaving that aside then, historically an army does what whomever pays it wants. And this is where the young and idealistic think "we pay for it through our taxes", however, in a curiously circular but nonetheless true argument, it is the existence of military force which ultimately creates the ability to raise taxes...

Ultimately this comes down to the nature of the society we live in. Do we retain ownership of those taxes after they have been collected? In theory we do, because we are a Democracy, right? Wrong. We are a Representative Democracy, which is to democracy what Collateral Damage is to a few buildings demolished. Long story short, any representative democracy operates as an Oligarchy, because nobody can get elected and retain power without being acceptable to those who already have it. Certainly you can cite plenty of examples of people who have exercised power against the interests of those who presently held it, however, if you consider the political situation at the time when these events have happened, it was always when there was sufficient mass of people willing to disobey the law, perhaps go further, in a cause which the armed forces could not be trusted to put down, that there was no other choice. It was literally give a bit now, in the hope you can get it back later, or lose everything.

The oligarchy pays the military. The military do the will of the oligarchy. The will of the oligarchy is to retain power. Retaining power requires the ability to pay the military. The military protect and extend the ability of the oligarchy to make money.

No, I won't be joining the military any time soon, even though, on a personal level and as jobs go, it's probably more of a laugh than many and the camaraderie of enlisted ranks and maybe junior officers seems appealing.

Archived