How do you personalise your rig?

SimonQuigley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That's a sweet loadout :D

please don't kill me

I don't have a lot of space on my rig, I can barely fit my admin pouch and closed top utility pouch on it, and then I have to keep my MP5 mags on my belt (something i'll be testing in the field next month). Atm it's at version 1.9, v 2.0 will have 3 MOLLE fronted open top mag pouches, upon which I shall attach my admin panel.

• Supporters

I use patches, nice and easy and look like they're meant to be there, whilst keeping it easy not to have the same ones as everyone else.

I've got a Yorkshire patch and a UKAPU patch on my rig, then AF-UK, S.H.A.T (Sheffield Hallam Airsoft Team) and Airsoft Operator patches on my arms.

I also have a big-ass, red carabiner that came with my BFG, just stuck it through a molle loop, I think it looks pretty cool, nice dash of red to personalise the loadout, it's on my front left shoulder. It could potentially be of use at some point in the future, for some reason, and it doesn't look like the sort of thing a soldier wouldn't have on them, so I think it works, even if it could potentially ruin the point of my camo.

Also found an old rusted pin badge at work, big smiley face with "Jesus loves you" around the edge. Stuck that on my helmet for the lulz.

Oh and then you can stick the odd tie wrap through certain molle loops, they have practical uses, but they also look cool, and you can get them in a load of different colours.

I run a standard viper vest and a webtec daypack yoke with pouches attached to the belt

oh and i personalized it by adding a shit ton of fabric tape and fitting things so it

• Supporters

I think you may need to go back and read the OP.

per·son·al·ize [pur-suh-nl-ahyz] Show IPA
verb (used with object), per·son·al·ized, per·son·al·iz·ing.
to have marked with one's initials, name, or monogram: to personalize stationery.
to make personal, as by applying a general statement to oneself.
to ascribe personal qualities to; personify.
to design or tailor to meet an individual's specifications, needs, or preferences: a personalized searchengine; personalized learning.

• Supporters

All of my rigs are adjusted and modified to fit me how I like them best:

DPM British Assault Vest has additional panels which allow me to wear it with the straps at full extension, because they cover the velcro hooks under the shoulder straps & i added some velcro loops to make an admin panel to the right hand one. The patches are pretty run-of-the-mill: blood, allergy, AF-UK, UK. All the webbing tails are folded up and taped, plus there are several loops of para cord tightening parts of the mesh and a couple which act as locks to keep the internal pocket zips up no matter what. Oh yeah, and rubber zip-pullers on some and a survival whistle as the puller for the main centre zip.

My Soviet rig is a work in progress - I don't see any point in getting the belly band which is designed to go with the chest bit that holds AK mags + small pouches, the 'lifchik', ie bra, as it is known, because I'm never likely to need 11 40mm nades! But the lifchik tends to slip down at the front without the full rig, so I've cut some of the excess length from the long over-shoulder straps and bought some small D-rings like the ones on the chest strap and some OD canvas webbing in the same 20mm size to make extra straps and belt loops so I can attach it to a Soviet Partisan webbing belt, which I customised by swapping the brass coloured buckle for Syriyka/Afganka OD painted type.

I bought 3 really trashed AK mag belt pouches, 2 of which I've repaired so I can carry 9 mags total if nec. I've also repaired a pretty battered leather Makarov holster, which carries an airsoft pistol cleaning/poking rod where the RS cleaning rod is supposed to go, plus I recently found one of the correct leather lanyards, unfortunately in unissued spanking nik. All i need there is a decent gas Pistola Makarova to replace the crappy HG106 I keep in there. My double 'limonka' nade pouch is currently in the same too-new state also. I use a Soviet respirator bag as a dump pouch, but that probably needs its straps rethought, although maybe not because shortly I intend to buy an SVD mag belt pouch, so it'll depend how much a dump pouch hanging over my shoulder and secured around my waist interferes with getting mags out. When I get round to doing the lifchik straps, I'll distress all of it to match up - I've made a start on the lifchik but it needs trampling through some gritty muck that stains or something...

The idea is 1989 KGB Foreign Service operative attached to VDV for behind the lines assassinations. So basically the whole ensemble should look like it's been in the field for a fair while. I have some insignia too, but so far all I've added to my KLMK suit is an iron on Cheburashka patch on the left sleeve (Russian cartoon character). I also want to get a small plush Cheburashka to stuff in the belt.

My black WAS RICAS is just customised inside so it fits really tightly, but my OD PLCE webbing has both double ammo pouches on the left and the right side straps attach to a heavily modified medic pouch (which still needs some velcro for the nurse girl patch I bought). I've got a fair few other patches, including some Ill Gear Zombie Killer stuff :lol:

Oh yeah, and I pretty much always have to wear a stiff back protector which can interfere with whatever belt is holding my kecks up. Since I have far less arse than gut, this can cause problems of the south moving pants variety, so I have some custom straps like massive adjustable belt loops which keep them together. Oops... almost forgot my custom bum rig! It's a Wilkinson's gardening kneeling mat which I coloured in with marker pens in camo patterns and added an extra hole so it would hang from my belt so that whenever I want to sit down, which can be suddenly urgent due to a problem with the nerves of my extremities, I have something comfy and waterproof to sit on. I recently added a cloth cover and side press buckle straps, black on one side, Russian "Smog" camo (which is very similar to DPM) the other.

I had to use cable ties to make my Condor Defender PC fit sort of properly. They were bright green though - so funky! I plan to add my callsign to a JPC if I ever get one, whether it be the Crye 'real deal' one or the TMC clone I don't know. Looking at my budget however looks like I'm getting the clone.

I guess I could mention that I stuffed a rubber knife down the left shoulder pad on my Defender until I lost it. I bloody miss that Tanto :'C

IMG_1512.jpg

159.gif

Where can you get this hahaha

Ok mate nice one.

Still makes me laugh when I look at it, I really want it now, haha

Archived