Tokyo Marui NP7A1 Gas Blowback, Can it perform in the cold?

carlymbn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Considering getting this gun. If anyone owns or has any experience with this gun and could answer my question it would be greatly appreciated. Also apparently if you change the spring with a WELL MP7 spring its quite a big boost in fps?

Ben,

My mate keeps his MP9 mags in 5.56 size pouches with re-usable hand warmers in them during cold weather. He gets decent performance until the mags have been out for more than 10 minutes, although by that time he usually finishes them.

• Supporters

Yes it performs well in the cold, cool down from automatic fire is obviously more of an issue when it's cold out but it'll still dump a mag even in freezing temperatures.

As for the spring from a well AEP I don't know where you got that info but it's incorrect, there is absolutely no parts commonality between the well mp7 and the marui gbb mp7.

Considering getting this gun. If anyone owns or has any experience with this gun and could answer my question it would be greatly appreciated. Also apparently if you change the spring with a WELL MP7 spring its quite a big boost in fps?

Ben,

:blink: im confused

• Supporters

well, i only came here to say that the GHK G5 is very resistant to cool down and performs in freezing temperatures.

and you would know that how? the G5 was released in March and as far as I can tell we haven't had that many freezing days in the UK since then!

Unless of course you play CQB in a walk in freezer, in which case I'll stfu.

and you would know that how? the G5 was released in March and as far as I can tell we haven't had that many freezing days in the UK since then!

Unless of course you play CQB in a walk in freezer, in which case I'll stfu.

well, there are videos demonstrating it :D

seach it on...... NOT GOOGLE, NEVER GOOGLE, but youtube instead.

• Supporters

I could spend the rest of my life hunting down and murdering all the misled idiots in that comment section...

TM MP7 has pretty good cool down resistance. As long as you stay on semi it should load BBs. Spraying on auto will probably result in a vent.

WELL R4/MP7 AEP has no compatibility with the MP7 GBB. You seem to be confusing it with the TM MP7 AEP.

On the G5,there are videos of the mag being left in a freezer and shot BUT the gun itself and the bolt is warm.Still a damn good resistance though.

Another GBB with good Cooldown resistance is the WE G39C. Good few videos of it being shot in snowy and cold weather.

• Supporters

Another GBB with good Cooldown resistance is the WE G39C. Good few videos of it being shot in snowy and cold weather.

It's not quite as amazing as those videos make out but they aren't bad. They'd empty a mag but performance won't be great at those temperatures.

Is it actually called the 'NP7' btw? TM dont normally pay notice to trades and stuff like that- i swear it's only red wolf that name it so

It's not quite as amazing as those videos make out but they aren't bad. They'd empty a mag but performance won't be great at those temperatures.

Is it actually called the 'NP7' btw? TM dont normally pay notice to trades and stuff like that- i swear it's only red wolf that name it so

It's actually the MP7,you're right. TM have a deal with Umarex to license HK guns for the JDM,Both the Aep and GBB have trades I think.. Redwolf must have cocked up.

post-6743-0-89149800-1380460597_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

yep, MP7 GBB is fully traded, auto even in very cold weather (I have used it in 4C) doesn't result in a vent unless the mag was only partially filled with gas. My experience with it is using Abbey Ultra, propane or green gas has much lower efficiency and will probably vent.

• 4 months later...

What gas do you use ?

Im confused about what gas is the best for the TM MP7A1. Ive read that green gas should be used on one website and 144A on another ?

yep, MP7 GBB is fully traded, auto even in very cold weather (I have used it in 4C) doesn't result in a vent unless the mag was only partially filled with gas. My experience with it is using Abbey Ultra, propane or green gas has much lower efficiency and will probably vent.

• Supporters

I could spend the rest of my life hunting down and murdering all the misled idiots in that comment section...

As liberal minded as I am, I just can't bring myself to see that as anything other than euthanasia...

• Supporters

What gas do you use ?

Im confused about what gas is the best for the TM MP7A1. Ive read that green gas should be used on one website and 144A on another ?

In summer when it's hot i use abbey 144a, when it's a bit cooler (5-10C) I use abbey ultra and when it's really cold (4C and below) I've been using WE green gas. Performance is best on abbey ultra, unless you're dumping mags on auto it'll give you about 80BBs per magazine fill unless it's really cold.

Use green at your own risk, in warmer temperatures the pressure has been known to crack some people's nozzle, others have run them on green for thousands of shots in California... Seems like luck of the draw!

OK thanks. Ive got Ultra. I keep reading about broken nozzles on the TM and some retailers say they wont guarantee the product if you use this type of gas or that type. Just didn't want to damage it..

• 1 month later...
Guest PT247

(I am selling a TM MP7 btw but am also being truthful here) It is fine in cold conditions, as is my TM G18c. They are far better than most in the cold due to their construction, which also means in summer use you need to be careful which gas you use to not damage them.

I really love my MP7, but now have a GHK G5 for my gas gun giggles, I'll not be sad if it don't sell as I'll be able to use it for shits and giggles in CQB.... although the range on the TM guns is mind blowing for the fps as they are tuned to perform best around 280 fps which gives stonking range and accuracy.

I'm not replying to pimp my sale but if you are after a full set up giz a shout if you have not sorted one yet as it could save you quite a few quid on new cost.

Archived