Girl wanting to play

GemW
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone. Im looking into starting up air soft and I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out. As the title states I am a girl. I was wondering if many girls do it? Also at the moment none of my friends want to do it... are people welcoming and friendly to loners like me lol. Also the pain..... Yes I know it hurts obviously but can anyone compare it to something? Hope people can help! Thanks

• Supporters

Not many girls do it compared to boys but equally at the main sites it's surprising if there aren't a few playing along.

The people are very welcoming, even if you turn up alone it won't take long to get talking or find a group of people to tag along and play with etc.

It's not as painful as paintball but you get hit more often as the guns fire full auto, it's probably best compared to someone flicking you with an elastic band or something along those lines. When playing you will know when you're hit but more often than not it won't hurt much.

Best thing to do is to get down to wherever your local site is, and have a go at it :)

Welcome

There are few ladies that i ahve seen at game days. You will find people very welcoming.

As for the pain it will depend on where you get hit. Be thankful you cant take a nut shot! :lol:

the pain is over very quick so is not a lasting pain. Bit like a very hard flick.

May be worth saying where your form as a member may be able to show you the ropes.

I wouldn't know. M_P should be able to shed light on that though!

If your willing to travel then come to IronSight in Andover. I run it and M_P is on of the regulars.

I've only seen a few girls play but that's fine because most are friendly and welcoming. The pain depends on where you get hit, the range you were hit from and with what gun but it usually goes away after about a minute and just leaves a tiny red mark. Like Sam_G said I would compare it to a hard flick. It's usually gone by the time you're done being dead in my experience.

• Supporters

Hello and welcome :)

well airsoft hits and any pain is relative, some people really feel it some dont, like others have said it depends on the person, where they are hit, there pain threshold, etc etc. A normal hit i would describe as a sharp "sting" fading after a sec or too, the worst hit i have had was from 2m away to my err .... how to put this .... plumbs ... that hurt alot :o did i curl up on the floor ... yes i did. did it put me off ... No! ;)B)

i wouldn't worry too much, every woman/lady/girl that i have seen on the airsoft field, has given every and any bloke a run for they money! it seems the minute they get a rifle, and on the field, they transform into being utterly fearless and dam hard too boot B)

If you have any worries, go along to a site, have a chat, tell them you have never played and would like to know what the fuss is about, as you are interested etc etc, and see if they might take you out with a Marshall as a observer for a quick look during a game, see if you like what you see. Dont forget to check out the new player threads, loads of information there ;) and feel free to ask any questions you have, we were all new players once :)

Last thing, for your first time/game i would advise a woodland site, as you get too see the enemy before they can hit you (dependin on cover/size etc) they dont just walk round corners like in tight CQB sites <_<

Yes, most sites have a good number of female players. Once you're in the field, in full camo and with full face protection on it's usually difficult to tell the difference. (without looking closely, and we avoid that too much, to prevent a visit from sexual harrassment panda).

The sites I've visited have all been pretty friendly, and there are usually a few newbies at each game day in the same position. Remember, everyone had to start at some point so we all know how it feels to feel like a bit of a noob, most people are pretty friendly. Obviously there are knobs, but there are those in every walk of life. At least in airsoft you can legitimately shoot them without getting arrested! ;)

So go along, have a go, take your hits and you'll get on fine.

As for the pain, I bruise pretty easily due to certain medications, so I always look like I have a bad case of chicken pox when I've been airsofting, but I know most people don't have the same problem. It's a bit sore for a while, when you get hit in an unprotected area, and you soon learn the benefit of gloves and full face protection, but it's not unbearable. If you feel it a bit, you can wear a bit more padding and protection. A chest rig will protect most of the sensitive upper bits (a nipple hit hurts us blokes as much as it hurts you ladies!) Legs tend to be a bit sore, but again a loose pair of trousers will take most of the sting out of it.

• Supporters

I routinely encounter Nottingham Trent University's airsoft society around my regular sites and their society president is female, there's also Wendy who plays at my regular site, and she's such a badass no one dares cross her path haha.

My mate Chris even managed to get his girlfriend to join the Sheffield Hallam Uni group that I set up, so there's certainly a growing womanly presence in the game, companies have even started making diabolically horrible guns in multiple shades of pink to cater to the girly girl players, though they've also been picked up en masse by all the weird blokes, who are now more easily identified at a distance :lol:

I think you're currently the only active girl on our forums though, so give yourself 10 good forum member points for being an ambassador for your gender into the AF-UK universe, now you just have to get all your friends to join as well lol.

One thing I will say on the pain front, wear long sleeves. My arms are scarred from end to end because I roll my sleeves up a lot and from close range, bleeders can stick around for a long time... Especially if you're an absolute scrub like me and can't help but scratch at them all the time...

I hope I've not just massively put you off haha, go try it and see what you make of it.

Thanks for all your replies! The pain doesn't sound half as bad as I have been imagining lol guess that's a good thing! Think the only place I'm mainly worried about getting hit is the face, but a face guard should do the trick... and by the sounds of it a padded bra lol

I think you're currently the only active girl on our forums though, so give yourself 10 good forum member points for being an ambassador for your gender into the AF-UK universe, now you just have to get all your friends to join as well lol.

Wooo go me lol yea don't think they will be doing it any time soon.....or ever. They are defo girly girls. I am but have a boyish side to me who likes to play ps3 and get down and dirty. They just think I'm strange like that haha

Think the only place I'm mainly worried about getting hit is the face, but a face guard should do the trick.

I personally think a full face mask is the way to go, like the one in my profile picture or one of these http://i.imgur.com/92k0aBN.png. They make it slightly harder to aim your rifle but it beats getting your teeth shot or having red marks all over your face.

Welcome to the forum!

Don't forget to check out Ian's guide to Noobism. This is a fantastically detailed guide for all new players.

Surely this is the most welcomed newbie to the forum? :D

yer i would buy a full face mask but i have a beard to protect me. a regular at my site has got his wife to start coming. she got an introduction by being a kinda of marshal/observer. she stil got shot as she had a habit of standing in the wrong place. namely between myself and the enemy. my other half is thinking about coming along as well. like other people said you get the odd few girls. people are friendly, i start going by myself and was accepted straight away.

• Supporters

Just be careful of the guys who ask if you wanna touch their gun etc ;)

Managed to get my other half to start coming along, think she watched half a day and then wanted all my kit :o

Welcome to the Airsoft world!!

Its full of people that are not threatening at all, mainly sweet hearted geeky types that will see someones modded gun and get a hard on. Or is that just me lol. You should go to a local event and just see how you get on, my team are from Horley so right on out skirts of West Sussex Crawley area so we may see you about sometime if you get hooked. If you do get hooked your be spending your nights on ebay looking for the next attachment for your M4 or what ever gun you choose. if you need advice though this is the site for it everyone is very friendly

And ya there are women on every site i play but only about 2-3

Thats enough lol

Regards

Jay

www.TeamSVS.co.uk

• Supporters

Welcome to the Airsoft world!!

Its full of people that are not threatening at all, mainly sweet hearted geeky types that will see someones modded gun and get a hard on. Or is that just me lol. You should go to a local event and just see how you get on, my team are from Horley so right on out skirts of West Sussex Crawley area so we may see you about sometime if you get hooked. If you do get hooked your be spending your nights on ebay looking for the next attachment for your M4 or what ever gun you choose. if you need advice though this is the site for it everyone is very friendly

And ya there are women on every site i play but only about 2-3

Thats enough lol

Regards

Jay

www.TeamSVS.co.uk

This is excatly what i do lol

erm feel like everyone who has posted on this actually believes this a real girl? its quite obvious that someone is just trolling no one says that they "have a boyish side to me who likes to play ps3 and get down and dirty. They just think I'm strange like that haha" i mean come on guys and i don't think they would have a selfie as a pp on here, c'mon!

Archived