Tighter barrel = drop in FPS!!

Ben200987
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 1 month later...

I've recently changed the barrel in my G&G G26 from stock to a Madbull 6.01 229mm barrel and my FPS has done the opposite to what I had hoped. It's dropped by 10fps. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

do you use higher quality BBs as well then? the tighter barrel might cause some friction, thou I would expect more than a 10fps drop from that.

• Supporters

If it's a madbull version 1 barrel, check the interior surface is ok, some of them had flaking issues with the finish on the insides. I think Liam Porter had a similar experience when going to a wider PDI barrel.

Is the new barrel the same length as the old one? Because if you get longer barrels, then you also need more air volume in the cylender...

http://airsoft.spells.dk/Guides.cshtml?Page=CylBarVolRatio_Page1

The above page explains a bit more in details...

If it's the same length then it may be your bb's thats to "big".. some bb's have a small production "offset" allowed in the process... And the added friction from bb surface may also cause "problems"... So if you have the right length barrel then I would also look into trying different kinds of bb's ...

Archived