Airsoft mask Designs?

MrCheesman94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

oooo how about painting the mask matt black and then putting a gloss black skull on it? Or maybe doing some kind of ghosted outline in very dark grey or a pale silvery kind of colour?

• Supporters

Google is your friend....

Did you get my email about buying some Primer?

• Supporters

it's firbe glass and i have roughed it up so the paint will stick

If you're using automotive paint, you'll still need a primer. It will stick without it but it won't last as long before it chips off.

• Supporters

Actually....if you've scuffed up the gel coat it will probably be ok. Personally I'd still primer it though. What colour will the design be?

• Supporters

OK, if the masks are black to start with then the Grendel one would only need white primer in the same areas you'll be painting (the eyes) the Deathstroke one is probably going to need a grey primer. Will you be clearcoating it afterwards?

• Supporters

My Killer Mask has mesh eyes but it still gets wet inside. More from breath than sweat, so TBF what I really mean is it gets coated with spittle inside whenever I breath heavily. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarvly!

Guaranteed no fogging though, I was extremely tempted a few months ago to order one for CQB but common sense got the better of me!

And your wallet begged you not to?;)

• Supporters

I'm not sure I have the skills to make a devtac mask, he spent months developing the fan system to keep the lenses fog free, but I see your point.

If you can do something like that for yourself, you absolutely should since it'll exactly meet your specifications and not someone else's.

Archived