navy seal m4 what do you think?

armysurplusandtoys
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

looks like the RIS is poorly fitted and it's pretty old-school for a SEAL weapon, apart from that it's an M4, they're all much the same!

As you seem like you know a little bit about the 'current' SEAL load-outs (I know its a grey area though) what do you personally think they run with most often these days the HK 416/417? - I'm just asking as I too was building a SEAL load-out and I automatically assumed the M4 too??

As you seem like you know a little bit about the 'current' SEAL load-outs (I know its a grey area though) what do you personally think they run with most often these days the HK 416/417? - I'm just asking as I too was building a SEAL load-out and I automatically assumed the M4 too??

they mainly use a 416/M27 but if its DEVGRU then it'll be a MP7 or the HK

• Supporters

from what I know (which is interweb knowledge, I don't know any SEALs!) HK416 is certainly what DEVGRU (seal team 6) are using, other teams have been photographed using the Mk18 Mod1 (CQBR in US Army nomenclature) but 417s are in use as is the SCAR-H, MP7 is available for use and for support the Mk48 is the norm.

The rifle in the OPs picture looks like an attempt at a Mk18 mod1 but the RIS is wrong, the stock is from the dark ages and I have no idea where that suppressor came from!

These days they all have some fancy jim-jams on them like PEQ boxes, Night Vision and GPS systems.

But from my knowledge of DEVGRU most of their guns are personalised, i dont know if you've read 'No Easy Day' but the SEAL there has 2 custom HK416's and a highly modified grenade-pistol

These days they all have some fancy jim-jams on them like PEQ boxes, Night Vision and GPS systems.

But from my knowledge of DEVGRU most of their guns are personalised, i dont know if you've read 'No Easy Day' but the SEAL there has 2 custom HK416's and a highly modified grenade-pistol

....sick! - Maybe I should read the book then :) - thanks for the info guys, I'm now going to look out for a HK416 then lol... Is the Uramax recommended? (if anyone else has one on here?)

• Supporters

while linking to another forum may be considered poor form, there's a really good 'what 416 am bestest' on arnies here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/210991-hk416-options/

general consensus (and my personal opinion) is that the TM HK416D is the best non-PTW option, the Umarex (which I believe is VFC OEM) is the most visually correct but the extra performance from the TM swings it for most.

also, if you're working on a DEVGRU loadout this is probably your best bet, they use real AOR 1/2 material.

http://www.toysoldier.com.hk/product.php?cid=16

And these guys do some pretty good deals on UBACS shirts and trousers

http://www.shootercbgear.com/index.php?cPath=22_43&page=2

Nice thanks for the info guys and sorry armysurplusandtoys for high jacking this thread! - Hopefully the info has been helpful for you too though :D

One other question whilst I've got your guys attention... what do you feel would be a better helmet for a DEVGRU/ST6 loadout... the MICH 2001 (FAST) or MICH 2002 helmet?? - I'm assuming the 2001 but I guess the 2002 is the 'newer' helmet and therefore maybe they'd use that instead?? - do you have any info on this?

Once again refering to the book.. this is the one he uses http://combatgear.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/pimphelmet19.jpg i dont know the exact model, but i know its a Balistic something:L

you can pick it up at weapon blender for about £30 and the dummy NVG's from shooter CB gear for about £20

Cheers Simon... thats the MICH 2001 then :) - Thanks buddy, Just having a look at shootercbgear now... what an awesome site and cheap too... pay day coming up soon so I think I'll be getting a load of AOR1 kit, the helmet and the NVG's :)

Thanks buddy,

Bobby

thats ok bobby

the book no easy day is awesome really like it

I must say gun is just supposed to look like a special forces operator not be one or to be current in issue just look a cool seal type as they do mod all their stuff to suit the operational needs. Each operator will have several guns and then choose as to the mission and their role within the operation.

The Ris is the Daniel defence and was pain to fit but it works very well and feels good and solid but the top rail does meet the main part of the weapon.

the picture has been cropped by me and was rather difficult i do not have a photo studio and has been done with free software and a £50 camera so ok its not perfect but you can see what it is.

this was my first project and i wanted to leave it a little open ended as i would have put a load of magpul items on it to finish it off

thanks for all the thoughts tho

• Supporters

Also if your looking to do the ST6 loadout as a result of seeing Zero Dark Thrity you may be interested in this: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Zero-Dark-Thirty-HK416-zerodark30.html

or at least inspired by it!

• Supporters

£800!!!!!!!

Hence "inspired by"!

Mind you it does have parts to be both CQB or DMR, custom paint and all the upgrade parts in the picture. Still....bit steep.

Archived