Whose up for night games!? (Night vision and tracers available to hire)

DazMK5
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A fairly new site in Milton Keynes, only been played in twice is going to be having night games there, third weekend of October!.

Tracers, tracer bbs, radios and night vision all available to hire!

Not sure on price at the moment waiting for it to be announced still.

(7 in the evening on a saturday until about 4in the morning).

Please give 'special ops airsoft ' a like on Facebook and check for more up coming events!.

(It's a picture of a red and blue badge with a skull in the middle)

Cheers

Daz.

Id be interested to know how they do cope with the NVG.

Loaning AEGs out is one thing but night vision is both expensive and sensitive, even the bottom of the range ones.

I would have thought the start up cost and the hire rates would have to be exorbitant to cover them.

Id be interested to know how they do cope with the NVG.

Loaning AEGs out is one thing but night vision is both expensive and sensitive, even the bottom of the range ones.

I would have thought the start up cost and the hire rates would have to be exorbitant to cover them.

Game is £40 including hire, but I THINK there will be a deposit, I'm not 100%.

You get 2000 bio degradable bbs in price, a chest rig, rifle, and safety equipment, as well as the NVG.

If you like the Facebook page then that will cover more.

The reason I'm doing this, is because he is doing a competition at the moment.

Basically this s my local site, ( well there's two run by the same person ) but every time you go, you get a bit of paper to fill in, with your name and telephone number. Every time you go you get one, and put it into a box, for every friend or associate you bring along or get to come, you get an extra ticket for each of them, plus your friends will get one too. Ends end of October and I just thought this iChat game would be best to help promote.

The site is fairly new and everything :)!

Any questions feel free to ask :)

• Supporters

Is there anywhere to camp?

Have you got the number/url for a local cab company that could pick me up from Fenny Stratford train station and take me to the site?

Not to sure on camping, I'm on iPad so no URL lol.

Add me on Facebook Ian if you want?

Kaza added me a while ago :) search my email address :)

[email protected]

• Supporters

Done Daz.

Sent you a PM mate.

Should be a good night! Not sure on camping though mate. It will be sort of a Mulsim night though I just found out. There will be certain objectives to do, to complete overall mission.

Along the lines of have to gain entry to enemy base undetected and get some intel and back to your base etc.

Not 100% how it's going twirl. Just excited for a night game! The tracers and night vision!!

When you add me ill share something so you can like the Facebook page and then find out from the people running it directly. :)

• Supporters

B) It's the hiring NVG that gets me...

it will be a £42 rtn train with no chance to rtn on Sun so a 2 nighter - so you see "interested" is a mild way of describing my feelings lol!

Message the Facebook page and they will help.

Milton Keynes also has a HUGE shopping centre that's worth a look. ( it's massive,I've lived here 21 years and still don't know my way around it).

And also there is an airsoft shop :)!!

• Supporters

Wow - Sunday in a massive shopping centre! How can I possibly resist?

Wow - Sunday in a massive shopping centre! How can I possibly resist?

Oh yeah, they shut at 4 my bad haha.

Always good for Xmas shopping though :)

• Supporters

Well its my own fault I spose. You'd have to know me to realise that I'd rather spend an afternoon hanging around a cancer clinic than shopping...

• Supporters

I'm in Nottingham anyway, mate, but thanks for the abortive thought :D

Iain, I'm pretty sure there's camping around that way.

Edit, bugger, just realised that weekend is booked up for me. :(

Sure there will be another time ! :)

The cheapest NVG are about £300 so these can be financed for rental in the same way as an AEG.

An AEG can normally be rented for about 10-15 Pounds for a session, so resumably NVG involve a similar investment although in higher numbers.

The problem is that they will break easier than a rental rifle and it depends on whether you have to lodge a deposit and what the terms and conditons are regarding breakages. You break it, you buy it, could get expensive.

I know there's a deposit not sure how much. I know if you break it you just loose deposit. Still unsure on price. I cant send a link to Facebook page. I don't have computer. Just phone and iPad so use apps lol. Search special ops airsoft. The display picture is a red n blue badge with a skull on it :)

• Supporters

If you read the comments that have gone up more recently, Baz, Mack says he only has one head mounted unit at that price, the others are what he calls "standard" and cost £10 to hire £30 deposit. Who knows whether he means modern gen 1+ monocles or binos, those old gen 1+ Russian things that look like something off Star Trek, or something that can be used as a weapon sight.

Presumably he has tested them whilst wearing eyepro to make sure the eye relief works ok that way, but that may be an issue for people whose masks/goggles sit quite far from their eyes. It will be interesting to see how much glow escapes around the eye relief and reflects back off lenses and/or faces, because I'm pretty sure most military NV equipment is supposed to be used with close fitting rubber eyepieces.

the others are what he calls "standard" and cost £10 to hire £30 deposit. Who knows whether he means modern gen 1+ monocles or binos, those old gen 1+ Russian things that look like something off Star Trek, or something that can be used as a weapon sight.

I do believe they are Gen 1, Mack will be posting more info on them very soon which I will copy/paste onto here, anyone with their own NV gear are of course able to bring and use them.

More info on the gear will come when I know it myself.

Its also important to note this will be very much a milsim type of event in that don't come expecting to be firing through mag after mag after mag all night, there will be games and there will be shooting but the game types will be built around using the NV gear to achieve objectives.

The guys running it are all ex-military and have a lot of training and practical experience, the first part of the event will be some training into map reading at night and how to move in the right way it won't be a case of you just turn up and start playing games straight away so those looking to learn some new skills and still have some fun playing Airsoft in the dark will get a lot out of it.

• Supporters

Sounding better & better.

• Supporters

Having used a set of good quality gen1 nvgs last week I can honestly say you're better off with a decent torch. Especially if everyone is using them as without an IR illuminator they're actually useless, you'll all have big IR searchlights strapped to your heads.

I was fortunate enough to have an IR aiming laser too, which worked great but without it there would be no way to aim, iron sights aren't an option and any airsoft red dot will bloom out the goggles resulting in you not seeing anything.

With that in mind I'm shortly putting my NVD up for sale and I don't recommend the use of gen1 devices for airsoft at all.

Archived