JD airsoft customer service?

Woodyjw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi ive been playing airsoft for just less than a year so im still learning, im planning to go to JD airsoft just before xmas but the guns i want to have a look at they dont have in stock. I have emailed them 3 times in the last month and had not reply. Is this a well known thing for JD to do or is it just me. And do they tend to have more guns in stock than it says on there website because it looks like hardly anything is in stock

In my experience of business, if I had emailed them three times in a month and they never replied, I would move on to another company.

In terms of Airsoft, I normally get a reply from the retailers I do business with, within a day or two.

Usually, if things seem too good to be true, they usually are.

Doesn't help you if their service is going to be a problem ?

Change tactics ?

Look at other peoples gun where you play ?

Study all the You Tube reviews ?

Ive bought all but one of my weapons at distance and no regrets.

Its nice to see them and handle them first, just not always practical.

If you decide to buy at distance, my advice is to look at as many opinions as possible on your chosen model (peoples opinions, including those of shops, vary widely, so the bigger sample you take, the better) and chose a decent retailer to buy from.

Remember its not just about the price and the quality of their website. Will they respond in a timely manner and will they be efficient and responsive if things go wrong ?

Try ringing them, had to make an over the phone order and they were extremely polite.

I have a thing about emails and response times. Email is a staunch part of modern businesses these days. People will readily answer a phone and take your money. If they cant be bothered to sit and write a reply to a sensible email, then it usually means they have the wrong kind of staff, they have too much business already, don't have time to attend to you or they are very disorganised. None of these things are good for the aspiring consumer. In Airsoft, many of those behind shops and sites are relatively young so they don't have the excuse of not being up on modern technology.

Thats just my thoughts on the subject, but I like email as you get written transcripts of both sides of the conversation. Its easy to get it wrong with phone calls. Ive found that shoddy companies will answer the phone and tell you anything. The measure of them is how often they will return a voicemail message that you leave.

There is a fine line between hobbyists and business people. The trick is spotting the ones that differentiate.

The grange is actually closer to Lincolnshire. Its in Coventry.

• Supporters

JD are pretty shit for customer service, I've heard multiple counts of them selling people two tones gun which broke within the first 3 times they were used, but they refused to fix or refund them under warranty because they'd been "modified" (BY THEM) by being two toned. What sort of bullshit is that?

Additionally, I spent £400 in one order on a sniper, which turned out to be shit and broke before I'd even skirmished it, this was back in February, I emailed them about it around May, and I still haven't got a reply to this day. I've had to go through the actual manufacturer to try and get it working again, and even they're not responding to me. Just keep saying they'll refer my queries to their European office, who are apparently a bunch of hapless retards (Cough Ares Cough).

I find Airsoft World a good place to buy from. Granted, shipping costs buttons for me because I live about 5 minutes drive from their store, but I hear that shipping is inexpensive across the board

• 11 months later...

I would definitely take my business elsewhere rather than use JD airsoft. Their customer service is appalling! I have just drove all the way over there for their late night Thursday opening and I had a rather unpleasant retail experience. I was hoping to buy a pistol, holster, ammo and spare mags and gas. I was going to spend up to £300. There were three of them behind the counter talking to their mates about the coming game on Saturday. They did their best to ignore anybody who wasn't a regular customer. I eventually was offered some assistance after about twenty minutes and I did try a few pistols out on their range. Now the kicker. The one I wanted wasn't in stock, the next one I wanted they only had in a two tone colour instead of black and my third choice, a glock 18, they didn't have a holster to fit. I said I would have a look in the glass cabinet to see if there was any more that I could try and from that point on I was ignored. I wouldn't give these people my money on principle. They seriously need to learn some manners and customer service skills.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not have any problems with JD,phoned up said it may take 11 days to get it back
went up there handed it over he stuck a battery in fired it or well attempted to cracked it open showed me the problem grabbed a bit off the shelf went back fixed it
all while i wondered around the shop without being harassed by staff spent about 20-30 minutes and i had my gun back fully working

• 3 weeks later...

I did not have any problems with JD,phoned up said it may take 11 days to get it back

went up there handed it over he stuck a battery in fired it or well attempted to cracked it open showed me the problem grabbed a bit off the shelf went back fixed it

all while i wondered around the shop without being harassed by staff spent about 20-30 minutes and i had my gun back fully working

Can I ask what time/day of the week you went up? I've noticed proper business hours and business hours with dossers just hanging around in there giving unwanted opinions on how sh*t your stuff is etc. If you were there for the former, please share.

Can I ask what time/day of the week you went up? I've noticed proper business hours and business hours with dossers just hanging around in there giving unwanted opinions on how sh*t your stuff is etc. If you were there for the former, please share.

Erm afternoon thursday i think it was between monday to friday

lol no one said a word to me there was about 3-4 come and go while i was in there with members of staff all in the workshop leaving me to my own devices

to wonder around and just be nosey and look at all the shiny things

JD are usually fine with me, but i never email because it just takes too long for people to reply and they can easily ignore it, just ring them and sound stern and like you know what your talking about (even if you don't) so they dont think they can mess you around, usually gets me somewhere!

• 1 month later...

After waiting two weeks for my AK to be fixed. I got it back last sunday after them installing the wrong motor and adding parts I did not need and then making no effort to resolve the situation. Today (like anyone) I wanted to try out my new toy, go to the chrono and guess what 390 FPS, 40 FPS over the site limit (meaning I had to play pistols only)and the FPS I asked them to set it to. It's an absolute joke and highly dangerous thing to do. Safe to say tomorrow morning they will be getting a strongly worded email.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.