6094 replica

paulus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Does it have to be a 6094 replica? If that's specifically what you want for a loadout then fair enough, but personally I wouldn't buy the real one even if I had the money laying around, so I don't personally recommend the replicas given the bazillions of other options that are out there for airsoft usage.

Most people in the UK don't tend to buy from the US because even if they do ship here (often they won't) it's usually more expensive than shipping from Hong Kong and you'll probably end up with more customs/import charges (long story). If you want chinese made replicas of the fancy stuff from the states then somewhere like EBA is where most people go: http://www.ebairsoft.com/index.php

If you want gear that's not necessarily an exact replica of something cool looking but is 100% better quality for a 25% price increase then get some BULLE or Warrior in the UK:

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/

http://www.uktactical.com/

• Supporters

I have the flyye 6094, it's comfortable and has plenty of molle real estate; so much so you can overload it easily if you're a bit of a molle addict.

That said, it's not all that adjustable and like almost any plate carrier you have to put at least dummy plates in it for it to not flap around all over the place.

There's plenty of other options if you shop around, even a half decent replica of a crye cpc now if that's your thing.

• Supporters

£100 does seem steep for a Flyye rig IMHO. I've bought FirstSpear stuff for less, not plate carriers granted (though not far off thanks to ebay) but then you can easily carry all you need and more for most skirmish sites on even a small chest rig.

• Supporters

It is a little steep but the quality of the stitching is absolutely excellent. Mine has been properly hammered with crawling over concrete, through windows, scraped across floors etc and so far not one loose thread. Just for the punishment it's taken I'm happy with how much I paid for it (second hand, a lot less than retail!).

Chest rigs are another good shout though, unless you're going for a specific look/impression plate carriers are often overkill. They're heavier, make you sweat, restrict movement (to some degree) and can bulk you up making fitting through tight spaces harder. TMC do a replica of the Haley strategic D3 chest rig which will carry pretty much everything you need for a skirmish in a nice compact rig, here's a link;

http://www.ebairsoft.com/dmittsu-chest-p-7221.html

Failing that, the real one isn't much more and it's guaranteed to outlast any piece of airsoft kit you own.

+1 on chest rigs, my Mini MAV has served me well during the past year. Very good quality as Tactical Tailor, the manufacturers, are based in Washington and have their only factory there.

Here's a link to it: http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-mini-mav-23019-1717-p.asp

• Supporters
  • Supporters

£280 just for A-TACS AU? That's mind boggling. The Warrior DCS is ~£110 in all colour variants (including A-TACS FG), still cheaper than even the solid colour Pantac 6094 and of higher quality. Not necessarily by miles, but definitely will have gone through a more thorough QC process.

Thanks for all of the replies guys.

Does it have to be a 6094 replica? If that's specifically what you want for a loadout then fair enough, but personally I wouldn't buy the real one even if I had the money laying around, so I don't personally recommend the replicas given the bazillions of other options that are out there for airsoft usage.

I was after it as it looks a low profile setup, I also like the fact that you can run the sling through the neck padded area.

Chest rigs are another good shout though, unless you're going for a specific look/impression plate carriers are often overkill. They're heavier, make you sweat, restrict movement (to some degree) and can bulk you up making fitting through tight spaces harder. TMC do a replica of the Haley strategic D3 chest rig which will carry pretty much everything you need for a skirmish in a nice compact rig, here's a link;
http://www.ebairsoft.com/dmittsu-chest-p-7221.html
Failing that, the real one isn't much more and it's guaranteed to outlast any piece of airsoft kit you own.

I do have the bulle chest rig at the moment, but find it bounces around alot.

• Supporters

I was after it as it looks a low profile setup, I also like the fact that you can run the sling through the neck padded area.

Well there's tons of other plate carriers like that out there, it's the 'in' design these days so you wouldn't have to get a 6094. The Warrior DCS on UK-Tac features very similar shoulder pads and unlike the 6094 has spacer mesh inside so you'll sweat far less and stay far cooler by comparison to having your shirt directly against plain cordura.

• Supporters

£280 for the PANTAC one though, might as well buy a real one for that kind of money!

Direct from LBT you'd be looking at $471.50 including shipping, not including VAT and import duty.

Total cost would be around £380 assuming an average 10% Customs duty and 20% VAT.

• Supporters

yep, so for £100 extra you get something that's so sturdy real soldiers trust their lives with it, not only that, the resale value in this country for a genuine LBT carrier is much higher than for a reproduction.

All true, but it's not like he ACTUALLY needs to trust his life to it, is it?

• Supporters

But yes, for the money having seen the alternatives I would say the Warrior DCS looks pretty good value!

• Supporters

+1 for the DCS. I will be getting an OD one once they finally release it!!

How do you get on with the 901? I was thinking of a WSH style thing to replace/supplement my current Molle Tac Vest so a 901 and back plate might just fit the bill.

Its great. Not used it with the back panel yet.

I use the PACA armor as well for some protection.

I have bought a tun of different mag pouches to get the rig just right. Ended up with 4 double closed, 4 open shingles and 4 short open shingles!!

I just love the DCS carrier.

• Supporters

Its great. Not used it with the back panel yet.

I use the PACA armor as well for some protection.

I have bought a tun of different mag pouches to get the rig just right. Ended up with 4 double closed, 4 open shingles and 4 short open shingles!!

I just love the DCS carrier.

Cool.

I'm thinking maybe the 901 Elite to save myself a bit on buying pouches separately as my current rig is black and I want a coyote one. Mind you the trip to the garage today may just change all that! :(

Archived