How Battle-Scarred is your Weapon ?

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Not very, considering I've had it for almost 2 years now. My micro red dot has a crack in the lens and a dent in the surrounding metal, the wing mount has a nice shiny silver edge around it in places and there are a few bits of rust here and there, on the faux gas tube, upper and lower receivers around the safety, and the fire selector.

From about 3 feet away or more though, you'd be forgiven for thinking I only took it out of the box yesterday. Which is annoying 'cos I really want it to look heavily used =[

• Supporters

My M4 is pretty well used but the 1911 MEU I bought from Mckenzie202 looks like it's been to hell and back. Still sweet as a nut but definitely combat proven! :)

Pristine.

My 226 however has been through hell and back. It has been used much more though than any primary i have :/

Not very, considering I've had it for almost 2 years now. My micro red dot has a crack in the lens and a dent in the surrounding metal, the wing mount has a nice shiny silver edge around it in places and there are a few bits of rust here and there, on the faux gas tube, upper and lower receivers around the safety, and the fire selector.

From about 3 feet away or more though, you'd be forgiven for thinking I only took it out of the box yesterday. Which is annoying 'cos I really want it to look heavily used =[

Get a knife, or pitch fork and scratch the surface of the l85, that way it'll look like you've been in a knife attack and survived!

Or you want always scratch off some of the paint to make it look worn.

VSR 10 has been through a previous owner and my abusive mitts. Lots of scratches,dents and BB hit marks.Paint is beginning to chip on the reciever now.

KJ M9 is scratched,a few holes due to the wonder of pot metal and dented to hell.

It's adonised so no paint chipping.

Both my guns are in really bad external shape,but I love em.

Plenty of scratches on the part of my MP5 the stock retracts into, flash hider's very badly chipped so it stays off the gun now and a couple of scratches where it's hit my shotgun during transportation in my gun bag. Same for my shotgun.

• Supporters

Phatima, my AKS is pretty roughed up - I had to take various tools of destruction to some mags to make them look like they belong with her. My tac AK, which I've had the longest, doesn't look too bad from a distance, but up close you can see the tape lol!

I've only skirmished my G36 3 times and it looks a bit scruffy already! The suppressor gets scratched every time I take it out of the RIS.

Agnes, my L1A1, is in good enough shape that the few marks stand out and bug me, but I don't want her to look so battered they all blend in. One of these days I'll But Svetlana my SVD is probably the scruffiest.

I think it depends on the type of gun and the loadout, but I wouldn't decide how any of my guns should look based on a yank saying, let alone a yank military saying. I couldn't even spell "who-aaaaargh", let alone decode how scruffy it should be!

Archived