Special Forces SIM Game

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

OK - Update.

The SIM will be played at the RIFT site in Chipping Walden just North of Banbury in the first quarter of the New Year.

I should have a firm date in the next fortnight and will update you.

Camping is available for those who have to travel from far away places.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Fvck knows how long it will take me on public transport, but probably several hours.

I was at RIFT for a game yesterday.

The weather was absolutely awful - the rain didn't let up until the last two games of the day.

Luckily the site has a covered safe zone and a lot of buildings and dry bunkers, so at least its possible to get out of the rain, which bodes well for a winter sim.

The site operator has vision about different types of games and the terrain lends itself to lots of imaginative gameplay so looking forward to it immensely.

yeah we were commenting on how RIFT is a bit out of the way, but actually its not a bad location for North of London, Bristol, Midlands etc. Its about 2 hours from nearly everywhere - lol

http://www.airfieldinformationexchange.org/community/showthread.php?603-Chipping-Warden/page2&s=c62f65e9c5c0e1d77af2eb4ad19b44c5

• 4 weeks later...

i know there are lots of Airsoft Facebook Groups already out there, but Ive started another one to cover the subject of this soft milsim and related military news and links, with the run up to the first event in the New Year in Northamptonshire.

There are a few faces I recognise from here already so thats great.

Its not really designed for subjects like technical discussion about AEG, selling/buying/swapping personal gear etc as there are plenty of other FB groups that already cover that, as indeed AFUK does.

Linky to group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1471935599698259/

Sorry I just realised that I owe you an update.

RIFT are just in the process of setting their 2014 game dates between their two sites which encompasses their regular weekly skirmishes and the less frequent milsims or RIFTSIMs as they call them.

This should be completed by the end of November and then we will have a date set for sometime in Feb or March.

Ah you lucky buggers living near good sites ((and near each other?)), this sounds really amazing :'<

If I only wouldnt live in a place like this, I guess more fun with airsoft could of happen like this.

I think we live pretty near to each other as we go to the same site (TWA) If I have my license and a car by the time the game is happening and I go, I'd happily give you a lift mate :)

• Supporters

Thanks Baz, as ever pls keep us posted.

Sorry I haven't said anything on ur new group - i don't actually like fb much and yet i very easily get addicted to it (i really only use it @all b/c it's the fastest way to get info about my home site), hence i have to severely limit my exposure (if skirmish went back to using their forum more, i would stop my fb acct emailing me). Plus there are only so many hours in a day, only so many of them can be spent partially online while doing something irl, or fully online, and i already have a very full eLife...

No problem.

I like the forum format for questions, finding and archiving useful stuff but I prefer Facebook for posting photos, videos and emagazine type things, so there is room for both and they kind of compliment each other.

Conversely to your normal skirmish site, the RIFT host site uses a forum as a booking system and bulletin board, but the rate of fire of my military and SIM related postings flood it, hence the reason its kept on Facebook.

Discussions are shaping nicely. The plot is there. We just have to hammer out some more fine detail and the technical stuff. Already starting buying stores and building props.

A minimum age limit of 16 years has been set.

Will further update through the Facebook group as i think this thread has come to the end of its useful life.

Thanks Baz, as ever pls keep us posted.

Sorry I haven't said anything on ur new group - i don't actually like fb much and yet i very easily get addicted to it (i really only use it @all b/c it's the fastest way to get info about my home site), hence i have to severely limit my exposure (if skirmish went back to using their forum more, i would stop my fb acct emailing me). Plus there are only so many hours in a day, only so many of them can be spent partially online while doing something irl, or fully online, and i already have a very full eLife...

OK mate. Will do.

Spent the day in the tank hall at Duxford today. Brilliant displays and life size dioramas featuring their tanks and artillery.

Have posted photos on the SOFSIM Facebook page.

Played at the site today and have posted photos of its excellent playing areas on the Airsoft SOFSIM Facebook page.

The SF SIM game will be in March 2014 with exact date to follow shortly.

There is a plot drawn up although its not been publicly released yet and the rules will be the same as the 2013 RIFTSIM.

The date will come first for peoples diaries and then the detail will follow in due course when its open for bookings.

Request received and accepted.

There is a plot drawn up although its not been publicly released yet and the rules will be the same as the 2013 RIFTSIM.

The date will come first for peoples diaries and then the detail will follow in due course when its open for bookings.

Request received and accepted.

Sounds good, I hope it will be a day I can do, and I will definitely try to get down there. Sounds like a blast.

P.S. will you be doing the RIF's only rule?

Yes sorry the RIFT rules for RIFSIM are no two tone weapons.

You can use them in normal skirmishes but this is something a bit different.

They have a good range of RIF for hire. I think its £10 from memory.

The other general RIFSIM rules were posted on the Facebook page earlier.

• Supporters

:(

Oh well, I'll see if I can get down though, even if it's an extra £10

As you know you can get flecktarn shirts for peanuts on fleabay - not hard to turn the sleeves of one into a 2nd skin for a two-tone.

Archived