buffer tube lipo

Hutton
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know buffer tube lipo`s maybe simple but im really not understanding them at all.
as I've heard the only rifles that are "lipo ready" are KWA rifles.
however the rifle that I wish to use a lipo on is an "APS ASR110" what type of batter should I use for that,
as im planning on customising it with a "Phantom Tactical Carbine Stock".
so here are the questions
1: will my rifle support a lipo battery?
2. will it limit my rifle to its stock/butt extending
3. what type of lipo battery do you suggest
4. is it worth my going to a shop and getting my rifle completely customised to my specifications?

I know buffer tube lipo`s maybe simple but im really not understanding them at all.

as I've heard the only rifles that are "lipo ready" are KWA rifles.

however the rifle that I wish to use a lipo on is an "APS ASR110" what type of batter should I use for that,

as im planning on customising it with a "Phantom Tactical Carbine Stock".

so here are the questions

1: will my rifle support a lipo battery?

2. will it limit my rifle to its stock/butt extending

3. what type of lipo battery do you suggest

4. is it worth my going to a shop and getting my rifle completely customised to my specifications?

As suggested above really! A Lipo is a battery, a NiMH is a battery. All they mean by Lipo Ready is that it can handle an 11.1v Lipo which is stupidly fast - this will cause more wear and tear so the gearbox has to be set up perfectly. It's like revving the nuts out of your car - it's going to cause more wear on the engine!

If you go for a 7.4v battery it won't make the gun fire any faster than a 9.6v "normal" NiMH battery, so really any gun is Lipo ready with one of those :) I use them in completely standard ICS M4s.

So in answer to your questions:

1. Yes - a 7.4v with no problems.

2. Depends on how deep your stock tube is. If the battery is too long, it will limit how far you can collapse (shorten) the stock. But you can use any stock you like as long as it goes on the stock tube!

3. I'd go for this one over Mike's recommendation: http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-25c-continuous-discharge-101mm-long.html It won't last as long (how many shots you can fire between charges) but it's 3cm shorter, so more likely to allow your stock to collapse fully. At £10.95 buy two and swap over at lunch time to make sure you don't run out of juice :)

4. Try it out of the box first. No use spending good money if it turns out you are happy with it :)

Pic of mine with the battery installed:

stock4.JPG

• Supporters

Yes but Dytacs won't last on one, no matter what socom tactical tell you :lol:

They seem to be patchy rather than just bad. My buddy has the Invader Recon and it's working fine (now that he's threadlocked his front receiver pin!). Lasted all day on a single charge too.

Archived