Springview Airsoft opening in Hemel Hempstead

gun.bunny
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Me and a mate got a sneak peek at a new site opening up in hemel hempstead.

In exchange for a free, early access run around they just asked that we spread the word, which im happy to do because it'd be cool to see some more people down there and getting involved with me and my mates as it looks to be our new haunt being so close n all.

Its basically a woodland site but the terrain is really cool, theres some massive great hilly bits with defensive positions up them, theres a car track (with rumours of car games getting run on it - AWESOME), theres some wide open grassland (so break out your ghillie suits lads ;P) and also these weird things they called 'rat runs' - Basically some of the site is pretty overgrown, which is a pain but thats comes with the territory i suppose, and what theyve done is cut these sort of 'corridors' and 'rooms' into it and its made a sort of CQB areas which is pretty damn cool actually haha.

Theyre running an early open on the 22nd September its their trial run so theyre making it 50% off (only £15 a head lads - bargain!)

The full open is the 6th October i think? that'll be normal price but should be a great laugh :)

give them aa look, i really want this place to take off otherwise its just me and my lads shooting each other in a field all day haha. But in all seriousness the place looks awesome and full of potential, the guys are putting a lot of labour and love into the place and i reckon it'll be a fantastic site - so give it a look and i dont think any of us will regret it :)

https://www.facebook.com/SpringviewCombat

Now this sounds very interesting.

Our airsoft group are based in the Watford area so I can see a visit to this site on the cards at some point. Bit too late notice to ready everyone for this weekend and we are already booked on on a few games next month but will deffo mention it.

Its a bit far for me from further round the dreaded M25 but do keep us informed as the site develops. There are nearer sites in my area, but always interested in something different.

I'm from Milton Keynes so this is fairly close!

Started a team up today, going to try get some training days done and then in a few months this looks like a good possibility for us to come along, as Hemel is very close!

Thanks for sharing this, it seems like a good site and one to hit up in he future :)!

Daz

• 2 weeks later...

SO excited about the grand open this weekend !! Can't wait to get my claws into this site. From what I have seen you have great plans and the site has potential to be amazing. Always a plus that you listen to peoples opinions.

i was there for the cold open was good but there is work to do but there are taking criticism from the guys and trying to change to accommodate every one

i was there for the cold open was good but there is work to do but there are taking criticism from the guys and trying to change to accommodate every one

Yeah the Cold Open was a blast, was good to see them taking stuff on board, never actually been asked what i like and dont like at a site before! haha

Bodes well for bigger and brighter things, really looking forward to the Grand Open this weekend!

Its a big site though!

• 4 weeks later...

just got a message from these guys offering discounts for a Halloween based game any one make it to the full open as unfortunately i missed it so not really sure if they made the changes we suggested

Did you ever get there ?

anyone wanting to play this sunday get in touch via there facebook, im going down to see what this site is like might with a review in mind for the forum.

What did you think of it ?

The place was in an awesome location right in the middle of an old quarry! it also boasted a live firing range right next door which was pretty cool hearing some actual guns going off every now and then!

the game area was pretty much set in two places one being a long stretch of pathway with overgrown bushes one side (brilliant for me hiding down waiting to ambush people that kept coming through it) then the other side of the pathway was the start of the woodland.

the other half of the site was the hill with the woods set around it which was pretty good in the way of game play area and i soon learnt what was meant by punisher hill!!! the hill had fox holes dashed about it which was good for cover and also other bits of sporadic cover which made it easier to get your bearings and your breath! This had a base half way up and then a base at the top over all though i thought that while i liked the game area's (for choice of cover) they didn't have enough to play on as i spent most of my time struggling up the hill sections of the site (but then that could just be me)

the games we played through the day had some good variance (there were at least 5 or 6 different game plays on the day but i can’t for the life of me remember them) and some good fire fights. Being a new site it was hard to really pick holes as they are planning on expanding to have other types of games/areas my only problem was the hill as i have dodgy knees and combine that with the usual kit i carry it did become hard to keep my momentum.

they have a digger which I was told is on permanent loan so they can make more and more improvements to the site which would be good for the lower down area's which i was told they will be making into a CQB play area.

the guys there are all friendly and they even had an in house tech that sat fixing guns literally all day!

the only downside for me was the price - being a new site personally i think it would be better to play it safer and get a lower price to entice people in to play then they can extend the areas of play and make adjustments to the site then maybe when its more established think about changing prices etc.

i think people should go, if not to support the sport that we love but also to support people that are starting out with a new site once they get their flow i think the site (when completed) will be quite a good one! but maybe get a ski lift for punisher hill ;)

Archived