Ineffective hopup

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So I recently fitted a new 6.02 barrel to my TM M4A1. At the same time I fitted a new hop up rubber and nub (seeing as it's an old gun and still had the original jobber in it). Rubber was this no name job from Socom Tactical http://www.socomtactical.net/airsoft-accessories-ammo/replacement-and-tune-up-parts/barrels-and-hops/high-performance-hopup-rubber-with-bucking.html should be a reasonable 60o rubber

The problem I now have is that the hop up doesn't seem to have any effect. With the gun level I can just about get the BB to land at 10m. Is it possible that the original hop up unit isn't pressing down enough on the rubber to give any real spin to the BB? I still have the original rubber and nub but have yuet to try swapping it back to see if it's just the barrel screwing things up but I can't see that it would be.

Advice - as always - greatly appreciated!

IS the actual nub of the hop up rubber in the correct place, in the hole in the barrel. I made that mistake by it being at the wrong angle.

However, for 10m, that is very low even without a hop up rubber. What FPS are you getting? It sounds like you've lost all pressure

• Supporters

I get around 275fps (same as it was before the barrel change) The nub is in the right place though. This is quite an old TM gun as far as I know they were never really known for high fps anyway!

Archived