High cap / crane stock recommendation

paulus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, been out of airsoft for around 8 years and have just started back so need a bit of advice about purchases for my Classic Army SPC (M16 with solid stock and RIS);

High capacity recommendations

I have only one high cap so need another, any recommendation as there are so many different makes (when I played it was mainly Marui). I was looking at the PTS midcaps but they seem to be difficult to get hold of at the moment.

Crane stock

I'm not struck on the solid stock and the large battery I have is around 8 years old so is most likely to give up the ghost on me before long, I was looking at the crane style stocks any recommendations on where to get them?

When I used to play the main retailors were Airsoft Armoury and Zero One, there were also a few less reliable retailers (such as SAS) so any advice on where to obtain the above would be great.

Cheers

P

• 1 month later...

on the hi-cap one it depends on the gun but if you are just getting into the sport and are just running hi-caps, you could get the reinforced ones from AW ( http://www.airsoftworld.net/action-army-m4-m16-mag.html )

but most standard hi-caps feed well i have had good experiences with KWA, Ares and TM so a wide range of mags.

i would give help on the crane stock but i have no info to give :D sorry mate

If your a high cap fan then flash mags are the way to go, otherwise get some good mid caps - no winding. :)

High caps are more for the support role or pray and sprayers in some peoples eyes. I always carry one with me but also carry five mid caps. Each to their own as the saying goes.

• Supporters

if your after cheap hicaps, then ebay is the way to go, last time i checked you can get 3 mags for £30, i bought some a while ago, there not bad for the money, and i have had no feed issues or any problems at all with them in my G&G M4.

or ask on here in the wanted section ;)

Mid caps are a lot less likely to let you down. My Mp5 came with a cheap High cap and it has already failed on me. Glad I had some mid caps. Of course its an easier decision with MP5 high caps being 200 rounds vs 120 round mid caps. I wouldn't rely on cheap high caps.

Work out how many mags you can comfortably carry, how many rounds of ammo you are likely to go through and decide if you want to spend ages spinning that annoying wheel or whether you would prefer to just swap mags.

• Supporters

Mid caps are a lot less likely to let you down. My Mp5 came with a cheap High cap and it has already failed on me. Glad I had some mid caps. Of course its an easier decision with MP5 high caps being 200 rounds vs 120 round mid caps. I wouldn't rely on cheap high caps.

Work out how many mags you can comfortably carry, how many rounds of ammo you are likely to go through and decide if you want to spend ages spinning that annoying wheel or whether you would prefer to just swap mags.

annoying the wheel maybe, but if you are not used to speed loading, having "speed loader thumb" isnt fun :angry::angry::angry:

after a secondaries day a month or 2 ago, i could barely move my right thumb after it (i admit i am trigger happy and used alot of BB's that day in my trishot shottie, and g18c AEP, maybe a 1000+ in each, but i did have a good time :D ).

Thanks for the responses, it appears my email notification didn't alert me to the replies.

Mags

I bought some MAG mid-caps from airsoft world, I also ordered an M4 mag style speed loader which broke the first time I used it. Am now waiting for a replacement in the form of two pistol speed loaders (at least if one breaks I have the other).

Stock

I ordered a pirate arms crane stock which was under £30 including the stock pipe, only issue was it was a bit loose, a length of gaffer tape on the stock tube has solved that. The real pain in the neck was sorting out the wiring!

Archived