Recommend me a rifle AEG

Steve8182
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and gals. I'm looking for an AEG rifle. Im looking for something modern/ hard wearing/ good quality/ full metal/ and at around 350fps. I've been looking at the M27 but I'm not sure about it. What can you recommend me?

Thanks

Have you got a budget?

• Supporters

If it was my money, I'd be looking at this, this, this maybe & this, or this, but there is always this too. But then again, if you can find one in stock, a Real Sword Type 56/2 is the way forward.

Its a bit too large for urban cqb TBH. I have taken the foregrip off now and added a grenade launcher and large suppressor so definitely too much of a lump.

I tend to use my UMP for close up work, which is shown in my profile image.

Have you looked at the CQB M4s that they do ?

Also there is a T4-18 light which has the short barrel.

I have yeah. But I'm not sure what the range is like on the "light". I had a go on a kids M14 long barrel at the weekend and I had a lot of fun picking people off from a distance. But i can imagine it being hard work in cqb. I suppose I want everything lol

Either buy two guns, which you might just achieve with £500 or get a compromise gun.

I economise by only having just two batteries between three AEG as they all use the same type. Makes battery maintenance easier too as they are LiPO.

My understanding is that range is better on a short barrel, but I dont worry really. The guns shoot further than I can see in dense woodland anyway.

I was tempted by the light but they were out of stock when it came to purchase day.

Yes seems to me. Only had the rifle a couple of months though.

To me, the blowback of an AEG is more like a chattering than anything approaching reality and that is why I always fit a suppressor.

My T4-18 runs all day on a 1450mAH LiPO, has a good taught feel except the standard crane stock which has a slight wobble in its length adjustment. The battery needs the stock to be a little extended to fit. I like the HK diopter iron sights and you get a special HK tool for that, although I have an optional holosight fitted. A foregrip is recommended due to the weight and I find the rail a little uncomfortable to grip. Hop is easy to adjust. I use 0.25g BBs which seem a good compromise. From memory, it was doing 310/320 out of the box.

Accuracy seems pretty good.

Have you checked out the review here where they check the groupings.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFSfVfT-0M

Ive seen a tan version of the light but not fired it. The only difference is barrel length.

The shop claimed you can remove some of the outer barrel on the long version which brings it back to a short, but Ive not bothered pursuing that one as it hasnt become necessary.

I presume you could upgrade the spring to increase the fps ?

Incidently I got my long version at Pro Airsoft Supplies.

I see they have the short version in black back in stock again. They are now selling the Gen3 version of the weapon.

The YT review was from 2012 and was based on the Gen2 version.

No. Its just for show on the 416.

Watch the weight on the weapon if you go for that size of rifle.

Now Ive got optics, suppressor and the M203 on it, it weighs a ton so Ive just had to fit a sling as it gets heavy lugging it round all day.

Why dont you just go for the short version which I guess represents the HK416C ?

I seem to recall there was some disadvantage to removing the longer barrel on the version I have but cant remember what it was. It may have been the cosmetics of the remaining barrel end.

I took the standard flash hider off as I didn't like it much.

Ive removed my rear sight completely from the rail and the foresight folds down out of the way.

Assuming you are planning to fit optics, I guess you could leave them on to co-witness if you so desired

Archived