CYMA Glock G18c AEP (also ASG G18c)

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

want to do something nice for the environment? or save loads of money in not buying gas?? yet you want a pistol! i have the answer right here ;)

I give you the CYMA Glock G18c AEP

cyma_glock18c_AEP_news.jpg

FAQ :-

dose it use gas? - nope, just batteries and fresh air, meaning it will work all year round, no problems with gas leaking/venting etc

whats its FPS? - usually around the 200 mark, but not much more above as standard, now i know you can get XYZ gas gun with 300+FPS, but TM AEG's are usually around the 200 mark and there not bad at all ;)

blow back? - sorry no blow back at all, but is that a bad thing? less to go wrong, and improved aim etc B)

i bet they aint cheap - they are as cheap as chips! patrol base has them for £55!!! (please note its the ASG version, which is exactly the same, just re-branded), then hop onto ebay and for £25.38 you get 3 100rd mags!!! try getting gas mags for that :P

so why did i get one? - well after having a WE hi cappa 5.1 dragon for abit, and being abit annoyed at its gas usage (even on CO2), i decided to look for a new gun, initially i was looking at the WE G18c, but at that time they had not released there CO2 mags for it yet, so i started looking at other options, and stumbled upon the AEP version.

After noting that its not blowback and the FPS is lower than i am used to, it got me thinking, do i really need blowback? sure it looks cool, but its abit gimmicky (in my opinion), do i need 300+FPS in a pistol? not at close range (where i usually use my pistol). unfortunately for me, patrol base had sold out, and i ended up paying £70 hooohumm

so what do you get in the box? - Gun, 29rd mag, manual cleaning rod, allen key, 7.2v 500mAh battery and a charger.

recommended upgrades? - Head over to fire support, and get the Lipo adapter (£25) Eagle6 have the trigger talk lipo adapters for £19 or a laylax one for £16, then head over to hobby king, and buy some lipo's, i got the Turnigy 300mAh 2S 35-70C 7.4V bateries (i bought 3 off them as they are less then £3 each!). That should give you a healthy 17bb's per sec ROF. then fire support do a KANZEN bearing kit for £20, and a upgraded spring for £12, which should help (i have the EAGLE6 spring but i have not fitted it yet, its rated for an extra 10 - 25FPS, depending on your air seal). There is also a slide attachment, that allows you to fit a silencer/sight etc £14 off ebay ;)

now unfortunately, you are very very unlikely to see much over the 250FPS mark with these, no matter how much £££ you throw at them, which is a shame, but i can live with that :D

so what else have you done? - well i got a Glock G17 serpa off ebay, warmed the top up and moldered it to fit, apparently the G18c has a wider slide.

experiences? - I did a secondaries day a month back, i must have put some 2000 - 3000 bb's through it, no problems, i did need all 3 off my batteries though, on average i would say 6 to 9 mags (100rd mags) per battery. each game i was using 4 or 5 off my mags. what was really funny was between games, when i told a Marshall i was off back to the safe zone to change my battery ... i just got a funny luck, upon returning the Marshall then asked to see my gun, he seemed to like it after the 2nd mag i managed to get it back :lol: .

Other stuff - they are basically a clone of the TM G18c AEP, so there is plenty out there. notable references are, stripping guide >>http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/64876-marui-g18c-aep-stripping-guide/?hl=TM%20G18%20AEP, another post http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/lofiversion/index.php/t187568.html

over all :-

Looks 6/10 (having no trades lets it down)

Value 10/10 (do note that its a reinforced plastic body, metal gearbox/gears etc, hell if anything major dose go wrong, ill just get another one they are sooo cheap)

upgrade-ability 6/10 (would be higher but there isnt alot of upgrades available)

smile factor 10/10 :D

would i buy another GBB pistol ..... atm no :D ... tomorrow who knows

would i buy another AEP? - yeah if nothing else i was considering dual wielding G18c's :o

• Supporters

would you say this gun, or the cyma desert eagle aep, p226 aep or the recent 1911 aep? They are all metal apart from the glock.... and claim to have a little higher fps than the glock (maybe 10 -15 more)

i have no experience with any of them :( i just like full retar..... errr auto :D:D:D:D

• 5 months later...

sp00n did you get around to fitting the upgraded spring? I have done the Lipo conversion on mine, and was looking at the spring next.

• 8 months later...
  • Supporters

sp00n did you get around to fitting the upgraded spring? I have done the Lipo conversion on mine, and was looking at the spring next.

ooops sorry for the delay in replying :ph34r: no i have not fitted it yet, i have seen a few stripping guides etc, and it put me well off :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

look on taiwanguns they normally have between 2 - 5 different aep's. i made the mistake of getting the cm125 which is a usp but takes different mags which are a little more difficult to get. they are about £45 mags about £10. did big order with my brother and got a bulk box of bb's so postage was free. no import tax to uk.

Archived