Mesh Face protection

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I want face protection to protect my teeth, but neoprene masks and scrim scarves just send my lovely warm breath upwards and into my goggles, steaming them up.

also trying to use a walkie-talkie isn't easy when you can only shout muffled words down the line

I have seen a few players using a mesh face mask, not attatched to goggles, so it is a standalone item. it has bands to secure it to the head at top and bottom.

It covers from your chin up over your mouth and nose fully.

my question being 'where can I get one?'

I have one of those and they're quite good but they slip from my head a bit sometimes . Anyway i will find you the website however red 1 airsoft will have them in stock soon and it will be easier to buy them from there because the other website is russian. B)

• 8 months later...

Not 100% on the topic, but I'm not that keen on starting new threads.. Trying to save some money by grabbing what's in the house, I wondered if an old soviet gasmask without the filter would do for a start? Related to that, how important is a walkie talkie when you start (since I figure they be useless with a gasmask)?

02.jpg

strike systems mesh lower mask or heroshark lower mesh mask (I like this one as it has an over and round the back band rather than just round the back band)

http://heroshark.co.uk/shop/shop?page=shop...p;category_id=2

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/TMC-V2-Stri...an_AWYJ6.aspx?0

http://www.airsoftworld.net/protective-eqp...face-protection

enjoy

How is using a scope with say the bear mask?

That is gonna be very hot in the summer... and them lenses might not be up to scratch

Well it being an old piece of army eq. I'd assume they where, on the other hand, might be aged.

The british issue S-10s arent balistic proof, you need special lenses over the eye pieces if you want to use them in a skirmish (not that id want to, rather not have my breathing restricted by a sweaty rubber face mask!) so i imagine that gas mask will be similar.

Also, just to say this was posted in August 2010, and we've already got some (me and dave live literally within a minutes walk of each other), however those links posted by Bigshep look better (and cheaper!) than the ones we have atm...

TBH, didn't even look at the start date, as I tend to look at the last 10 posts or so, however if it is useful then thats good.

Haha no worries mate :) yeah we've got some which were about £30ish, but unlike those heroshark ones they dont cover your ears or have padding on the inside, so i might have a look into them, cheers! :)

Archived