CQB on Sky Channel

Blueangelical
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hiya,

Anybody else watching the "Close Quater Battle" series on Sky channel (537) Yesterday channel presented by Terry Schappert..??

So far they've covered things like:

• SWAT & Rapid Response Units
  • Silent team communications
  • Fast roping
  • Night vision goggles
  • M4, MP5, AK47, H&K MP5SD, MP5A2 with single point attachment sling, Sniper rifle with built in supresser and 308 sub sonic rounds, Assult rifle with Picatinny rail systems
  • Scopes
  • Tactical clothing & fast release body armour
  • IEDs
  • Armoured Personel Carriers
  • Stun Grenades, Grenades & Launchers
  • Weapon transitions
  • Entry breaching, remote detonation,
  • LA SWAT Uniform and head cam footage.
  • Sniper intel, scopes, camouflage and positioning

Really interesting series, on twice a week Wednesdays at 22:00.

• Supporters

And this ought to have gone in the off topic media section - though don't worry, it's not a big deal.

*sheaths ban hammer* :P

Soz Ed, my bad.

( Just though it was ok in GDiscussion as it is kinda related to Airsoft, everything except the ammo used..? )

Cheers.

Yeah, pretty cool, watched one this morning before going to school. will watch a few more recorded ones later on as well.

• Supporters

Soz Ed, my bad.

( Just though it was ok in GDiscussion as it is kinda related to Airsoft, everything except the ammo used..? )

Cheers.

Yeah it would've been fine to leave it, it's not like it hurts anyone. But, since it's a thing on TV it's just better suited to media, I think if anyone were to try to find the topic later if they wanted to comment on it after seeing it or anything, they'd more likely come to media to look for it, so they could add to it.

Plus, it'd get lost in the general section in no time.

Definitely repetitive. And the host seems to be repeat everything everyone says like he already knew everything. Quite interesting though. He did one on sniper tactics, and it was pathetic though, showing you tactics that anyone knows. The show seems to lack detail and just barely scratches the surface.

He says by he is a current Greene beret on scale of special forces they aren't that special are they? Also how is a current green beret allowed to film a Tele series?

I did wonder that myself..., like shouldn't you be doing something else if you're active..?

Eliteairsofter100.. Love that piccie of the gun in your signature, nice one. You draw that yourself..?

He says by he is a current Greene beret on scale of special forces they aren't that special are they?

I've always thought they are, I think officially they are known to be special forces. Maybe not as special as SFOD-D (Delta) or DEVGRU (SEAL [team 6 i think]) but still has better training than your average soldier.

I suppose its aimed at a general audience of viewers who know nothing or very little on the subject.

Seems to be very centered on the Czech Republic, but perhaps they were more willing than most to show what they have.

In my experience, most SF shun publicity of any kind.

In terms of the presenter, taken from hs bio page

Terry Schappert is a Green Beret and professional actor...his latest adventure...filming Catch and Release (working title), a never before seen survival game series - with a spin - for Animal Planet to air late summer in 2013.

His latest series is the 'adrenaline-fueled reality show featuring the fierce competition between active-duty S.W.A.T. officers,' Elite Tactical Unit (ETU), currently airing on Outdoor Channel 2013. Schappert leads one of two teams of elite SWAT operators chosen from around the nation to compete against each other in real world type missions to see who is the last man standing.

Schappert also traveled to the Czech Republic last spring to film the documentary type original series CQB (Close Quarter Combat). Schappert takes the viewer through some of the most intense examples of close quarter battle ever experienced on TV, using cutting edge 3-D animation and a first‐person point‐of‐view. CQB started airing in Europe and Asia late 2012.

Master Sergeant Schappert is currently leading an A team in the U.S. Army Special Forces. He is an expert on small arms, demolition, conventional & unconventional military tactics and combat medicine. Schappert started his military career 21 years ago with the 82nd Airborne Division. While assigned to a recon squad, he completed Ranger School and after serving in the Persian Gulf War, Schappert moved on to his ultimate challenge, becoming a Green Beret.

Since graduating the Special Forces Qualification Course, Schappert has been deployed on training and combat missions all over the world, most recently in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. In addition to his military credentials; Terry is a licensed paramedic, scuba certified, speaks several languages, has extensive martial arts training and a degree in anthropology.

When not appearing as a regular guest on FNC's cult favorite Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld, he was last spotted fighting off the undead in the film adaptation of Steve Niles' horror comic book Remains on the Chiller Network.

You may also know him as that 'crazy military guy' who jumped head first into shark infested waters for his own one hour special Shark Attack Survival Guide, for Discovery Channel's infamous Shark Week.

And last, in his most well known and favorite project to date, as the fearless host of History Channels internationally broadcast series WARRIORS with Terry Schappert. In the 11-part series, Schappert traveled the globe experiencing the training, rituals and weapons of historys most iconic warrior cultures.

UNQUOTE

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I've always thought they are, I think officially they are known to be special forces. Maybe not as special as SFOD-D (Delta) or DEVGRU (SEAL [team 6 i think]) but still has better training than your average soldier.

He says by he is a current Greene beret on scale of special forces they aren't that special are they? Also how is a current green beret allowed to film a Tele series?

Decent layout of how the US Special Forces units tie up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Special_Operations_Command

Depending on which part of the Army SF he's in he may not be "full time" as such. They have a number of National Guard units (Mykel Hawke was a member of the 19th National Guard SF Unit) so that may have something to do with it.

While the Green Berets are indeed the Army Special Forces group, they aren't what they now call "Tier 1" like Delta or Seal Team 6.

Archived