G&P AK Tactical Combat

Hav0c
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was wondering if this was worth getting for my birthday which is in a couple months. I like the look of it and I'm starting to get into AK's a lot more now that I've been playing for a while.

These are the stats copied from Tiger111HK:

"Features:
14mm CW ”+” Steel Voltex Flash Hider.
Metal AK type gas block which replaced the standard AK front sight.
Metal Rail Handguard with PMC style top rail .
Metal Body frame with AR stock adaptor and a Magpul PTS CTR Retratable Stock.
Adjustable rear sight with marking.
New designed dummy bolt carrier.
Adjustable Hopup system.
Black plastic M249 SAW style hand grip.
Safe & Full-Auto / Semi Selector lever.
Store up to 7.4V Lipo battery (t-plug) inside the rear stock tube.
Constructed of 8mm Metal Bearing Gear Box.
Ready to go for 350 - 400 FPS without modification.
Included 150 rounds Waffle type AK Mid-Cap Magazine.

Specifications:
Length: 865mm, 945mm (stock extended)
Barrel Length: ~363mm
Shooting Mode: Safety, Full-Auto, Semi-Auto
Weight (g): 3250 (gun with magazine), 4300 (with box)
Gear Box: 8mm Metal Bearing Gear Box.
Color: Black
Battery: 7.4V Lipo battery (t-plug)
Magazine Capacity: 150 rds
Material: Metal & plastic
Bullet type: 6mm BB
Power (Muzzle Velocity): 350 - 400 FPS"

post-6853-0-86501400-1379010932_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

I generally don't like crane stocks on AK's, but that sort of goes with the grip and RIS. I expect an AFG and Eotech would complete the look nicely.

50FPS variation in quoted muzzle velocity doesn't fill me with confidence. You'll probably have some issues with compression and a hot spring. If you sort those out then the motor and gears should be good for a long time, because they'll have been designed to work harder than you'll need.

I'd say it depends on the cost vs how much you like the look. How much is it?

I generally don't like crane stocks on AK's, but that sort of goes with the grip and RIS. I expect an AFG and Eotech would complete the look nicely.

50FPS variation in quoted muzzle velocity doesn't fill me with confidence. You'll probably have some issues with compression and a hot spring. If you sort those out then the motor and gears should be good for a long time, because they'll have been designed to work harder than you'll need.

I'd say it depends on the cost vs how much you like the look. How much is it?

Cost is £275.95 on Tiger111HK but if you add postage and Tax I'd estimate about just less than £350, which is what you'd normally pay for a G&P gun in the UK anyway.

I like the look of it as it is a bit different from normal AK's and is kind of aggressive looking. I personally don't mind Crane Stock AK's, I think it modernizes the AK platform.

I would most likely take it to my local store once it was delivered to get it chrono'd and if need be, the spring cut.

Tbh... i think it would be cheap buying a cyma tactical ak, then buy a king arms x47 rail, a few waffles mags, an afg and an eotech with maybe a magnifier, and get a scary looking muzzle brake.

or make it look like this which is the look i want. http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/attachments/ak47/45699d1323030596-ak-47-roll-call-ak47-sopmod-guns-14511852-640-426.jpg

But then again, that does look like a pretty cool ak47 with the full ris front end. But no x47 rail which bothers me.

• Supporters

hmmm, i've got 1/2 of one of those x47 rails on my tac AK47 and it looks better than the polymer handguards, but it is a totally different look to that G&P

Archived