Ammo Counter | Video Recorder

QuadMachine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Oright troops.

After a ton of effort I've finally got our ammo counter working. We're gonna make it for Android too when we launch the Indiegogo campaign (like kickstarter) so you droid users need not panic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNhf4kWcrIE

I've struck a deal with Mars the God of War and he assures me for every like you give our Facebook page you'll be rewarded with a kill in your next skirmish ;-)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phobolt/391142060976614

I'll post up videos of the badboy working on FB next couple of days.

Cheers!

Yeah It

hmm.... does it still count whilst a gun is shooting 50 rps? At that speed... it would just sound like a whirring death blade.

Yeah it'll actually do up to a 1000 a second thanks to a fast processor!

how are you mounting this? i have had a google, and i can find no RIS mount for a iphone

The case has an arm that attaches directly onto any side mounted picatniny. It'll mount onto any RIS, foot prints pretty small too, will post up a video in a bit showing it inaction

nope, as far as I can tell it uses the iPhone's built in penetrating radar to count the amount of BBs in the mag for you.

Cheers for the sarcasm but I actually wondered if the same way it identifies bb' s coming out of the gun it could do it for loading as well.

It couldnt tell how many you are loading, because you pour that in with a bottle/speed loader, and sizes of speedloaders/lids of bottles are all diff sizes, also just the fact that it cant listen to how many bbs are in the magazine. It wouldnt be able to tell. ;)

I really like the concept and I completely understand the chosen platform, however, it is a shame that you haven't done an android version (albeit a bit can of worms as there's many sizes of phone out there)

Maybe once this kicks off properly you will look into that market?

You should start with the HTC One :D

As I said, great concept and hope it works out well for you - Love the added ability of using the camera!

Is it just me or does the ammo counter screen look like the console for the auto-guns from Aliens? That kinda has me sold already...

Good spot mate ;-)

Yeah we'll do an Android version, and an Android case once we've got the physical design sorted. As for the BB count, you can input the size of your magazine in the settings. As for high caps where you don't know the exact capacity you can invert the count, so rather than counting down it'll count up, letting you know how much fire power you've laid down.

Oh and you can also set when the critical alert goes off, inputting the number of BB's before you run dry.

Archived