TM M870 owners, G&P want you to scare the sh*t out of people.

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Lovely. Funnily enough ehobbyasia just emailed to say that they have the G&P M870 Masterkey Kit back in stock. It's for the Maruzen CA870/M870 series, but I'm sure that nothing more than a bit of dremmelling would be needed.

The possibilities...

Muahahahaaa!

The money...

Muaboohoohoo!

If you had the solid AR stock like in the picture, a clever guy could rerun the gas tank into the stock of the rifle, however you would then need to sort out where the battery goes for the AEG.

• Supporters

^^That's what LiPo's are for, I reckon. In the stock too :)

• Supporters

Why are there rails on the actual pump? S'where your freakin' hands go, you mongs.

I'll just put a laser where my hand goes, yup, s'bound to help making pumping and aiming easier...

• Supporters

Why are there rails on the actual pump? S'where your freakin' hands go, you mongs.

I'll just put a laser where my hand goes, yup, s'bound to help making pumping and aiming easier...

Oh aye, because that's the only thing you could do with it.

If I were a mong it'd never occur to me to put a magpul gas pedal on my thumb side to assist in consistency of grip and ease of pump. If I were a mong I'd begrudge the rail on t'other side that makes it ambidextrous.

Personally I'd not put a laser on a shotgun - seems a bit silly when you consider what a shotgun does. I would put a torch on the right side front rail and, again, I wouldn't begrudge the one on t'other side which allows a left hander to put the torch on the outside of their silhouette, making firing at it in the dark marginally less likely to hit them than if it were in the middle of their silhouette.

If it wouldn't make the BB's fly off in mad directions, I'd also put an 'alligator' muzzle break on it - just for cool. Funny that really, wanting something on your pretend gun just to make it look cooler. Like rails...

• Supporters

You could use a three dot laser to size up your cone of fire?

That was just an example anyway. I could understand it if there were small sections of rail towards the front of the pump, but making them the entire length of it is just going to make it horrible to hold unless you put covers on them, which would just the be same as the rail not being there.

It's daft. Shotguns don't need rails. Certainly not that many.

• Supporters

You could put one of those lasers that make a flower pattern, or display the time...

I just wouldn't bother though.

I think rails are more versatile than a simple polymer or wood slide. You could swap that horizontal grip for an AFG, or any of the vertical grips and if you wanted to cover whatever rail space was left on the sides after a gas pedal, or hand stop, or whatever, you could choose your fav type.

And it looks uber evil!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Given the spread pattern doesn't really change all that much (from the videos I've watched anyway) the 6-shot mode is probably only useful for some very specific situations where you'd be needing to suppress a group of people or seriously lock down a doorway. For most of the time I'd imagine you're better off using 3 shot and getting 10 trigger pulls per shell; though I'd imagine if you can consistently get the shells to drop free when opening the magazine door you could reload fairly quickly with the right kit. Not far off the time on a decent AR speed reload.

• Supporters

As far as I can see the door thing on the bottom is more or less the same on these so it should work- not sure it'd look great though but it'd certainly be more practical. However then you would get to the stage where you would need to replace the gas tank more than the mag which would be a bit of a pain.

• Supporters

6 shot is pretty useless, handy for scare factor but nothing else, I leave mine on 3 now.

Reloading is quick and easy, giving the shell door lever a sharp tap ejects the shell completely. Not ideal if you want to catch them to stuff them in a pocket etc but since they cost about £2 each I can deal with losing one every now and then.

If anyone does get one, I'd recommend getting some Velcro backed shell cards and putting a strip of industrial Velcro on the side of the receiver, keeps your spares handy and exactly where you need them to reload fast.

Archived