Whats a good CQB Rifle?

Farley1981
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

For CQB almost anything with a short ish overall length will work. My ICS L85 works ok in most situations and it still has a pretty long barrel.

MP5's, Short barrel M4's, P90's all sorts, there are others but the first 2 are probably the most popular with something more exotic following.

AS far as brands there are plenty of good ones, G&G combat machines have been getting repeated recommendations, I like ICS, their M4 and L85 gearboxes are easy to work on, the adjustable spring in the L85 is great, and the swappable upper section of the gearbox in the M4 is also a great feature.

Plenty of choice out there, ask to try some that others use on your next open day get something that feels comfortable.

Ive got a G&G UMP which is good for CQB. It has a number of rails for attachments and the stock folds to reduce the size.

The mags are quite long which means it is not ideal for woodland but no problem for CQB.

• Supporters

TM high Cycle.

AUG,AK beta spets,MP5s,M4,or P90. All fire at around 25-30 RPS with an 8.4v nimh,at great range and accuracy.

and all are incredibly ugly :lol: But really, what were TM thinking when they made the high cycles?

''Hey Taki,Let's preserve our old casting molds! Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney!''

''Hey Ichiro,let's only use the molds of our ugliest guns,to save moneymoneymoney,maybe jamu in this stupid fast gearboxuu I've made! Those CQB sheep will eat it all up!''

''Genius! moneymoneymoneymoney!''

• Supporters

The P90 does look good though!

That's a lie and you know it.

Good CQB rifle, something with an ADJUSTABLE stock NOT A FOLDER!!!!!

shortish. Most people would find a 16" AR15 maximum usable length.

Something with fast reloads, I agree with Baz on the UMP, but I've started using my M4 in CQB entirely because my reload speeds are faster (I can get a new mag into the M4 before I put my knee on the floor, instead of barely having time to realise there is a problem with the stupid quiet UMP)

I really can't recommend this gun enough, I was actually in two minds to suggest it as I like being the only person I have heard of to get one but it is flipping awesome:

1147558_10151565063301820_720694585_o_zp

It is an Umarex M4 Mini Patriot. Have added a red dot sight and in CQB it is phenomenal.... I also use it in woodland at my usual site and everyone who has fired it couldn't believe how straight it shoots (on 0.25s and 0.28s) and the range it has. Considering it only has a 175mm barrel it really shouldn't be so good!

I run it on a 7.4v 2200 LiPo.

The hop works really well, it is very sturdy and the battery lasts a full day.... oh, it is a blow back too for extra cool! :D

• Supporters

ICS AKS-74U - swap the flash hider for the AK-74 type without the narsty funnel on t'end and a 105 spring + TBB for woodland use - woohoo!

I'm afraid I'm not going to spill the beans on another couple of upgrades just yet. Not until I've managed to put them on my own! :lol:

Archived