where is the best place to get bb pellets

MrCheesman94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

zero one's BBs are good quality and 5000 for 6.95. There postage isnt cheap though so probably best if you need other stuff from there as well. I cant imagine bulldog BBs being very good, being justbbguns product and all. I've heard they can shatter on impact, not good.

If you know you are gonna use a lot then bulk is always a good option

• Supporters

Mr Cheesman by Elite Airforce (Worthing) do you mean EAG Worthing, in which case Tom the guy that turns up in the big white van sells Blaster Devils they are high quality and pretty good value. I think it was £8 for 3000, he sometimes does a deal if you are buying in bulk.

As for other brands, Zero One does a pretty good deal esp on bulk orders, but I've had the odd misshape bb in a couple of bags. There are also the proballs at Socom tactical, they seemed to me to be somewhere between the zero one and blaster devils.

• Supporters

they were good quality but did smash/ crack in half when shooting hard objects

If you have a read through some of the older posts in the GunsGear etc http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/16951-bbs-shattering-during-glasses-test/ this is one of mine after I was shocked at the results of firing a range of different mass and quality bb's point blank into a pair of my old safety specs I had been using for airsoft.

The gist of this is that the bbs shattered, even the really high quality bb's, its down to many factors including the material they are mad from. From my understanding of peoples writings on here most people seem to be going for high quality to reduce the chance of blockages in the gun especially with tight bore barrels.

I cant imagine bulldog BBs being very good, being justbbguns product and all. I've heard they can shatter on impact, not good.

If you know you are gonna use a lot then bulk is always a good option

Again the general feelings of people in the community that have been doing this for a while is that anything from any justbbguns or any other "bbguns" style website is that for the most part the quality isn't high.

The smashing of the BB's isn't really that big an issue the energy left in a smashed BB will be very low as it has a low mass.

• Supporters

The usual price on sites seems to be £8 for 3000 Blaster 0.2g, which works out at 0.2667 pence/BB which is a fair price imo.

So when I consider buying from elsewhere, I divide the price + P&P by the number of BBs and compare it to the above.

Thus Patrol Base 9000 Blaster 0.2g for £17.48 + £5.55 P&P = 0.2559p/BB which just makes the cut, but when you buy something else at the same time, becomes a good deal.

And 20,000 Pro Ball for £38.90 inc P&P from helmetworld on fleabay = 0.1945p/BB

Or even cheaper are GunnTuff BB's from JSRamsbottom - but everyone on here will tell you they must be shite, because they're cheap. Actually there are no non-spherical ones, bits of moulding plastic, etc in the bags (unlike Z1 or Bulldog) - they are about the same as BB King 0.2g, which are fine for AEGs, maybe a couple of meters less range than Blasters - the only reason I've stopped using them is because 'my man' has stopped doing 'em and I'm often running tight bore barrels and taking less shots.

Ive had bulldogs before and yes they were good quality but did smash/ crack in half when shooting hard objects, a person isnt that hard though so wont smash during a game unless you hit a fence post or barrel etc

I would consider that quite bad, imagine if there was a guy wearing a mesh mask. If you shot him and the BB hit the mask. Then the BB could split and be small enough to fit through the mesh holes. (happened)That isn't good as it could end up going in someone's eye. (happened)

I used to own Bulldogs before, and in honesty, they were shite quality. But I haven't heard much about their new V3 ones though.

if you need to get bios i order green devils off iron foot industries very good quality bios at a good price and i believe they also whole sale them if you want bulk amounts

• Supporters

I would consider that quite bad, imagine if there was a guy wearing a mesh mask. If you shot him and the BB hit the mask. Then the BB could split and be small enough to fit through the mesh holes. (happened)That isn't good as it could end up going in someone's eye. (happened)

I used to own Bulldogs before, and in honesty, they were shite quality. But I haven't heard much about their new V3 ones though.

that happens with all bbs, they're just plastic after all. Blasters will smash when they hit metal, so will Madbull match grade!

The usual price on sites seems to be £8 for 3000 Blaster 0.2g, which works out at 0.2667 pence/BB which is a fair price imo.

So when I consider buying from elsewhere, I divide the price + P&P by the number of BBs and compare it to the above.

Thus Patrol Base 9000 Blaster 0.2g for £17.48 + £5.55 P&P = 0.2559p/BB which just makes the cut, but when you buy something else at the same time, becomes a good deal.

Well If anybody wants any BB's from Patrol Base let me know as I'll be picking some up on saturday before I head to Skirmish Mansfield

• Supporters

For Sunday, Mike?

I agree with you!

Oh? Just out of curiosity, have you got any kitchens to sell?

i have to agree with the majority i used to use bulldog .20 bios which i thought were great because i could get 10,000 for something like £20 but you do notice the difference when you use a better brand your shots seem to be better grouped and even better range. i have moved away from them and glad i have.

Well If anybody wants any BB's from Patrol Base let me know as I'll be picking some up on saturday before I head to Skirmish Mansfield

You going on Saturday or Sunday?

EDIT: Hadn't seen you already answered that haha! I'll be there Sunday too Guys! :D And on topic, I've used BullDog's before and have had no complaint's, but then again the gun's i've used them in aren't exactly great. I just use Blaster's now, fairly priced and very well made! Shoot well! :D

• Supporters

PM on way Mike.

Exactly why most sites wont allow BBs that shatter easily. I'm not saying that other BBs wont shatter on occasion, but you can minimize the possibility. Plus think of the complete loss of cred when you rock up at an airsoft site with that stuff.

• Supporters

Exactly why most sites wont allow BBs that shatter easily. I'm not saying that other BBs wont shatter on occasion, but you can minimize the possibility. Plus think of the complete loss of cred when you rock up at an airsoft site with that stuff.

The mind boggles... I don't think anyone who has read James before would accuse him of being a cheapskate, nor an apologist for cheapskates, right?

that happens with all bbs, they're just plastic after all. Blasters will smash when they hit metal, so will Madbull match grade!

And yet when he points out that expensive BB's can and do shatter when they hit something hard, he gets completely ignored or somehow misconstrued to have meant the opposite. I've had the same problem, so allow me to recap in no uncertain terms...

In my experience the thing which causes BB's to shatter most often is full auto fire where the BB's hit something soft enough to deform slightly so that the BB's 'stick' for a moment and get hit by subsequent shots. The BB's are hard enough to shatter each other. I've seen this happen as frequently with Blaster 0.2g, Pro Ball 0.2g, Excel 0.2g, some unknown 0.25g Bio's, BB King 0.2g, GunnTuff 0.2g, Bulldog 0.2g, & King Arms 0.3g... The only ones I've noticed which seem more resistant to shattering have been Blaster 0.28g Green Stealth BB's.

I've not been to loads of sites, but a few, and no marshal or owner has ever even suggested to me that there was a minimum price of BB's that could be fired there to avoid/reduce shattering. Some sites have a policy of only firing BB's bought from them through hire guns and BB quality is cited as the reason, but let's have it right, there's a perfectly reasonable financial incentive there too. At The Stan there was a minimum BB weight of 0.2g, but that applied to Madbull 0.12g just as much as unbranded yellow 'dried pea' stylee P'sOS.

I love the cred idea though :lol: Yes, I'd without doubt assign more cred to a person whom has never shown the slightest interest in checking the zero of the sights on their stock 363mm barrelled M4 when I see them pull out a bag of Systema BB's. Whereas the person who paid only £26.95 for 20000 0.2g posted ought to be righteously derided for realising that, with their particular gun, for the slight difference in range and accuracy it is just not worth paying double, or more.[/sarcasm]

• Supporters

AS above and above,

If the difference in range and accuracy is negligible why pay double the price for no reason. I've had no problems with Proball .25 they work out at £7 for 3000 ( 0.23p per bb) I've also been using the zero one £9.50 ( bought 10 bags so got discount and was in the area so picked it up) for 5000 (0.19p per bb). Neither have caused issues in my gun, but there was the odd misshape in the zero one bags so overall I'd probably stick with blaster devils or the proballs.

due to p&p i just buy whats at my local as ive never had a prob with them despite that ive never seen the name mentioned on here when discussing bbs.... 5000 for £10

Archived