Good started gun for under £250?

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, recently took my dad airsofting and now he's hooked. He said he's willing to spend £250 on a gun so I was wondering what you'd suggest for a starter gun?

He doesn't seem to care too much about the looks but does sway more towards the bulpup side of things (like the Tar-21 and Famas). He also said he wants a high rof and fps but I realize that's a tad unrealistic so unless there's a gun with both straight out of the box, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

It would be useful if it could take M4 mags as I somehow acquired a sh*t-ton of them recently

Anyone have any good ideas?

ps. Sorry for the horrific grammar in the title. Didn't notice until it was too late

• Supporters

are you after new or 2nd hand??? as to be honest, you wont get alot in a new buletpump for £250.

you wont get a new L85, unless you can get one 2nd hand, i hear the ICS is very good, but i have no experience with them.

i have heard bad things about TAR-21's but i have no experience with them either, so i would advise some research etc.

A TM famas is an old design, and some spares are hard to come by (i have been trying for 4 months unsuccessfully now to get a complete new hop), and out of the box they only take famas mags, that said a famas can be converted to accept M4 mags, and the mags need modding too (there is a guide on youtube)

has he maybe considered a P90?

Ok, so bulbpup is out the window. Dont think he cares too much though to be honest. Any idea of a good M4 for around that price?

Personally I would got for any of the G&G combat machine range of guns. Great starter guns, well under budget and will allow him to get extra bits if required.

Or you could go fro the ICS sportsline range of guns, again very good starter guns at a comparable price to the combat machine range

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/index.php?cPath=268_318_403_494

Sweet. My friend has a G&G combat machine and its worked pretty well so far so think that might be a good choice.

I'd also recommend a Combat Machine. They're around £120, so with the rest he could get few mag's, battery or two,charger,even a few internal upgrades to achieve that higher ROF and FPS? Though I believe the FPS is good as it it is (330ish), which is both CQB and Field friendly :) Sorry for bad punctuation my cursor was messing up :/

about to say G&G combat machine should be easy to up grade too and still good out of the box also if you have to choose between blow back and non it isnt worth paying more for blow back really there isnt a kick but its still a nice feature to have i guess

• Supporters

has he maybe considered a P90?

That's not a nice thing to ask about somebody's dad, Sp00n! Next you'll be asking if his dad has considered buying his mum a strap-on...

On another note OP :lol: you probably could get an unmodded 2nd hand ICS L85A2 for £250 if it's been for sale for a while. Does anyone know if Classic Army L85's are available anywhere, and if they need more than a new hop rubber to make them skirmishable?

I really doubt he would like an L85 :P At the moment im looking at a second hand src g36K. Ive had a SRC G36C for 2 years now and its worked fine all that time.

Archived