Completely new!

Cheeky vimto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone.

I'm competely new to the airsoft scene but I really want to give it a go. I've played paintball before but that's about it. I've read all the guides for new people but still am unsure where to start. Should I just get some clothes for now?

Also, just wondering if there's anyone from southampton area that could show me the ropes?

• Supporters

Welcome to the forum!

Get a good pair of boots, trust me, your ankles will be wrecked at the end of the day if you wear regular shoes/walking shoes.

If you're 18 or over you could play at your local site two times over two months and acquire a defence to buy an RIF. :)

Military boots are preferred?

Thanks bad, that was the first post I read :)

I understand how the defence works but is there anything stopping me buying a second hand gun and playing with it from start? I only ask because I to hire equipment is around £20 a time. That's £40 towards a gun of my own. I think I know what gun to get first, I was thinking the G&G Cm16

military boots ? up to you. Just a decent pair with grip and which will support your ankles should you stumble or go down a hole.

People shouldnt sell you a second hand gun unless you have a defence.

You can buy a two tone legally if you would rather use the rental money to buy your own gun.

By the time you deduct the cost of the BBs which you have to buy anyway, most sites only charge about £15 per game for equipment rental.

Things move too fast for anybody on the other team to single you out. Follow the more experienced players into the melee and dont present yourself as a target. Dont worry if you get hit, its normal and its not fatal.

Welcome to the forum.

You should check out this thread as it has an extensive guides for all noobs and Ian, who wrote it, went to great lengths to make this brilliant guide!

Archived