electronic trigger

alex90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Not that one, a KK MOSFET - it's both excellent and really annoying!

It does improve trigger response and ROF a bit, but has all sorts of bells & whistles which are complex and misbehave...

Dunno about that one, but it's probably just a power regulator - the trigger switch is used to allow a small amount of current to flow to the transistor which then allows the high current to flow across its other two connections to power the motor. This eliminates micro arcing across the trigger contacts, so yeah it's a good idea.

You see them on sale for £10-12 sometimes, but £15 isn't a bad price. It would be better if it also has 'active braking'.

• Supporters

Check this out.

Also I think this is a better bet for £15 - depends on the P&P from Fire Support but Bullseye have it on fleabay for £17.49 inc free P&P.

Check reviews of a few, see what sounds like money's worth to you, eh? I think Fire Support have the largest selection.

With any of those Mosfets all you are doing is moving the heavy current flow away from the contacts in the standard trigger switch and just using them to close a contact in the Mosfet, which directs the heavy current straight to the motor. That will help to elimate burning of the contacts in the standard trigger switch, may give you a very slightly faster trigger response, but won't eliminate the use of the trigger contacts, not will it give you a shorter trigger pull.

If you want really fast response and a short trigger pull you'll need to replace the standard trigger switch with something like the ASCU unit. I've got a ASCU V2 unit in my M16 DMR and the response is lightning fast and with a very short trigger pull as well. The down side is that they only fit V2 gearboxs and they're about £70 each.

Archived