TM new release teasers are here!

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Finally TM have released their teaser shots for the upcoming hobby show over in Japan.

teaser01.jpg

First up we've got an m4, doesn't look to be very exciting however there's already the recoil shock one and a 'boys' one in this standard a1 style. That leaves two options- a high cycle (which are normally weird looking and there's already an AR variant one) and a gbbr. Would be very nice to see the latter- not sure how realistic that may be but no one was expecting the m870 either.

teaser02.jpg

This is where it gets interesting. Very interesting, as it's a TAR-21. As of now there are only two Tavors on the market, both of which are shit so this should be a nice change. When tm release a new gun they've never made before, these days it's almost always a recoil shock, they also do one new recoil shock a year. The first bullpup recoil shock, and it being a TAR 21. That's something I like the sound of very much and quite likely.

teaser03.jpg

This is either an HK416 or 417. A variant of 416 is more likely. It has an AAC suppressor too, I'm hoping this is a 'boys' gun so it wont take away from another release.

teaser05.jpg

Lastly, a pistol- 99% sure it's a gbb. It's an HK45, something TM has shown resin models of for years now so nice to see it finally being on the way for a release. Bodes well for the M&P, which was also often shown in resin form alongside this.

• Supporters

I'm almost certain that this is the pistol they're releasing

P30_links.jpg

And I'm not sure how they're going to implement the recoil system in the Tar 21, surely there isn't enough room in the stock?

More likely to be the HK45- they've shown off preproduction samples for the last 4-5 years or so of it. There also isnt as deep a groove one the grip on the p30.

1287732591.jpg

As for the Tar21, there's actually a fair amount of space, if they can fit the system in an AK, Scar or whatever I'm sure there's a way. It doesnt have to go behind either, the scar's is above the gearbox, as is the g36's. Looks like more than enough room above the ejection port.

Also, looking back to the first picture, the M4. The sear pin doesn't look molded into place, and the fire selector is on semi-auto, not safe. That with the pistol grip looking thinner adds to the idea that it could be a gbbr.

• Supporters

I think the M4 is going to be gas too, otherwise it wouldn't really be much of a teaser, since there are already a billion M4 AEGs. Could be interesting to see how they've gone about it, this will be TM's first proper GBBR, no? I imagine it'll probably end up being dead to most people because parts will be a massive fucker to get hold of, but I'll wait until its actually been released to pass full judgement on it.

As for the TAR being a recoil shock, there's more than enough room for it to fit in there somewhere, it doesn't have to be long, it could be shorter using more dense material as weights. There'd still be room for it to travel the same distance. It could go above the gearbox or maybe in the front end under the barrel maybe even wrap around the barrel. Who knows? A lot of people are going to be very disappointed if it isn't a recoil shock, that's one thing for sure.

I'm fairly sure the 3rd image is a 416, looking at the width of the barrel. Not sure what the deal here is though, they've already made a recoil one, what is there to really get excited about? Perhaps that's going to be a GBBR as well.

Not fussed about the pistol at all, seems an odd thing to choose as well, a lot of people probably won't even know what it is.

This being TM...

The TAR will be a springer.
The HK45 will be a springer. Or some absolutely hideous Resident Evil inspired pistol, which hasn't actually appeared in game. (Or both)

The M4 will be a slightly modded version of an already available TM M4 AEG.
The 416/7 will have that pointless sound-system on it that TM are trying to get off the ground.

Is it obvious that I'm bitter about TM's past releases? :P "Derp, let's release a SIG-Sauer P228. As a springer! LOL"

In all seriousness, if that TAR-21 actually works (unlike the piece of crap ARES released), I may be tempted.
The M4's pistol grip looks properly proportioned and slim (unlike most AEG grips which are over-sized for motors), so I'm willing to believe that the M4 is indeed a GBBR.

Sometimes I wish TM would give up on their younger crowd based products and focus on recoil shocks,BASRs/Shotties,HC and pistols,but then they would give up that market to the Chinese and frankly,the kid crowd sounds like a good source of income,given the attitude and popularity of airsoft guns in japan.

• 2 weeks later...

A pessimist is seldom disappointed.

But that doesn't stop me from being monumentally pissed off a TM's... "unique" ability to really let people down.

Derp, let's release a load of crap (albeit high quality & well made crap), which has either been available for several months from other manufacturers, or just sutff that only the clinically insane would want...

A pessimist is seldom disappointed.

But that doesn't stop me from being monumentally pissed off a TM's... "unique" ability to really let people down.

This line up does go beyond disappointing, a 80% size Tavor "for kids", and an M4 which goes Pew Pew from a speaker, I can't believe anyone, anywhere, even in Japan would bother.

Pistols seem interesting though, and that is it.

• Supporters

So this is what it feels like when doves cry.

Japanese airsoft bloggers are super unhappy about this,according to some searches and some say things like this will eventually kill TM As a company.

I doubt it will tbh despite this being a let down they release other new cool stuff every year and the Japanese will buy it no matter what. The boys series for example seems stupid to us but is provably popular with kids over there.

It sucks for us but they're always churning out stuff that's coo like earlier in the year- its just this one was a let down.

yeh.... generally asians are quite short (5'6 or below usually) and the asians kids are even shorter... so the boys range can suit them well.a

Me personally, i'm asian too but i'm quite tall for one. (5'10, closing up to 5'11). Tall genes :D

SOooooOooo, when I visit my grand parents in hong kong, i am literally a walking giant. Everyone is so tiny.... It's like the equivalent of 6'4 here.

Me personally, i'm asian too but i'm quite tall for one. (5'10, closing up to 5'11). Tall genes :D

SOooooOooo, when I visit my grand parents in hong kong, i literally a walking giant. Everyone is so tiny.... It's like the equivalent of 6'4 here.

I know what you mean, and I'm only 5'7".

Also despite being born and raised there so there's an assumption because I have a fancy royal name, and I'm white that I'm also rich. Can't complain but it makes a fuss when going through things like Malaysian customs or anything official.

TM do not only make airsoft products, they also make RC cars and other children's toys. They do not really care what reception they get over here, as most of their market is in Asia, Japan especially.

Caterham now build boats and planes... I'm not complaining about that because it's not a car. Companies branch out, its called business ;)

aaaaaaa had a little measure of my height today..... turn's out i'm actually 5'8 closing into 5'9

..... i swear I was measured at 5'10 last time but then again, it may have been in the morning where you normally are taller. This new measurement was taken at night, where gravity has taken all day to shrink me.

Archived