Bonjour from.. Croydon

AndySpence
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

How's it going? I've been lurking for a while on a few Airsoft forums and I thought it was probably time I make myself known.

My name's Andy and I'm just starting out - went to TWA Croydon last Sat and had a blast so I'm looking to stick around for a little while yet :)

Feel free to give me any words of wisdom - I'm sure I'm going to need them!!

• Supporters

Hi andy, welcome to the forum.

You got me looking at TWA now, I started at Ultimate wargames which is just the other side of the M25 from the TWA woodland site. Now play there occasionally and at UCAP Sandpit and EAG Dorking. Still working on getting to Gatwick.

I'm curious about what TWA was like for you? Have heard things and it is sort of confirmed by the photos on the site that there seems to be quite a lot of under18's on the site.

Welcome Andy.

Me and a few Airsoft buddies will be at TWA Urban on the 21st September if you fancy joining us?

Hi andy, welcome to the forum.

You got me looking at TWA now, I started at Ultimate wargames which is just the other side of the M25 from the TWA woodland site. Now play there occasionally and at UCAP Sandpit and EAG Dorking. Still working on getting to Gatwick.

I'm curious about what TWA was like for you? Have heard things and it is sort of confirmed by the photos on the site that there seems to be quite a lot of under18's on the site.

Hey Nick, many thanks for the welcome!

Ah yes, I've been looking at the UW sites myself actually, they're not too far from me and have the odd Saturday game, which suits me down to the ground as I can't really do Sundays. Whats their Limpsfield site like? It's a real shame actually as I had a look at the UCAP sites and they all look absolutely fantastic!

TWA was good; It's definitely not the best site, was pretty small though and some of the structures we're a little on the flimsy side. It was probably 70/30 in favour of adults, there were a few rentals there too. I think we must have been the 'away' side on the day as we were pretty outnumbered and outgunned (the other team had a 9 man squad) but that's not really anybody's fault.

One thing I can say though is that the staff and Marshalls were all really friendly. Really nice group of guys,chatty and overall really easy to get on with. It's worth checking out, I'm certainly going to go back at least..

Def get down to Gatwick. .. it is a cracking site :-)

It wasn't you I was chatting to over at Epsom EAG the other Wednesday was it? :-)

Yeah I will do! I'll check out the upcoming dates and I'll be sure to give you a shout when I know when I'm going down. Afraid it wasn't me, I've not done any EAG site yet. Although a few of my pals went to Epsom a few weeks back.. May have been one of them? One of the guys would have most probably been in tiger stripe...

Welcome Andy.

Me and a few Airsoft buddies will be at TWA Urban on the 21st September if you fancy joining us?

Hey Suzuki, cheers for the welcome!

Funny you should say that as I was thinking about heading down then anyway so that would be awesome! I need to check dates with the 2 guys I go with but that sounds brill - really appreciate the invite man, thanks very much!

No worries mate. Just PM me if your up for the 21st and we can all team up together.

Just checked the Epsom page, was a chap called Gary Pidwill I met. Got confuddled because he mentioned going to Gatwick but could only do Saturdays too

• Supporters

Cheers Andy, sounds like UW Limpsfield and TWA woodland are very similar. The site isn't huge and most of the structures have been built by the regulars who play there from scrap materials they have found about the place. The games are good but can get a little samey but they have a new marshal who is revamping stuff a bit, putting new twists on things. UW also have Fawkham which relies mostly on being a rather large woodland site that doesn't need many man made structures.

I can vouch for EAG Dorking, EAG Worthing as being pretty good sites, the EAG marshals are really great. The rest of the team I'm on have played Gatwick and are pretty desperate to get back there so it sounds like another winner. I can't say much about Epsom though as I haven't made it there yet, but if the others are anything to go on you can be pretty certain its another great site. If you ever get a sunday free and UCAP Sandpit is running you have to give it a try, its something else. Games are 2x 2 1/2 hr games with a lunch break in the middle, its not cheap but lunch is included and with the number of marshals, the WMIK driving around running 2 machineguns, and they often have mortars, pyro and snatch landrovers buzzing about its always worth it.

With all of the choice round here it the biggest problem at the weekend is normally where to play! Might see you about sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Andy, sounds like UW Limpsfield and TWA woodland are very similar. The site isn't huge and most of the structures have been built by the regulars who play there from scrap materials they have found about the place. The games are good but can get a little samey but they have a new marshal who is revamping stuff a bit, putting new twists on things. UW also have Fawkham which relies mostly on being a rather large woodland site that doesn't need many man made structures.

I can vouch for EAG Dorking, EAG Worthing as being pretty good sites, the EAG marshals are really great. The rest of the team I'm on have played Gatwick and are pretty desperate to get back there so it sounds like another winner. I can't say much about Epsom though as I haven't made it there yet, but if the others are anything to go on you can be pretty certain its another great site. If you ever get a sunday free and UCAP Sandpit is running you have to give it a try, its something else. Games are 2x 2 1/2 hr games with a lunch break in the middle, its not cheap but lunch is included and with the number of marshals, the WMIK driving around running 2 machineguns, and they often have mortars, pyro and snatch landrovers buzzing about its always worth it.

With all of the choice round here it the biggest problem at the weekend is normally where to play! Might see you about sometime.

Apologies for such a late reply Nick! Completely forgot about the thread ;)

Yeah, sounds like you've hit the nail on the head about UW and and TWA - I may stray over there sometime, however the Croydon site is a lot closer to me so I think I'll stay for the time being :P. Off to TWA Annerley on Sat so I'll be sure to let you know how I get on! From what I've seen it looks really fun, although I'm a little worried about my car getting hit by stray bb's!

The good thing about Epsom is if you've got any free time in the week, they do a Weds evening game which I imagine would be pretty good. UCAP Sandpit does sound very, very good. I'm going to have to try and convince the Mrs that I need to do a Sunday (any gift ideas?)

I'm planning on going to MoD Longmoor at the end of Oct if any of you guys are interested?

• Supporters

Take the Mrs with you! Mind you the pit possibly isn't the best place for a first game unless you are really keen. To be honest I really cant advise you here my GF is away at work for 28 days then home for 28 days, so I have 4 weekends of airsofting then 4 without.

I am planning on taking my other half to Limpsfield at some point now I have a second AEG for her to use.

• Supporters

Bienvenue from... Notnum!

My wisdom.

Archived