Para or Mk2 M249

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

sorry to start a new 249 thread, but i need your opinion's/views before i spend my hard earned $$$ (a thread cost very little, a wrong gun cost alot)

as you may/may-not know i am saving for a A&K m249 atm, but i am starting to question which one, do i go for the para or the Mk2?

as i see it the collapsible stock on the para could be very handy, and its scope ris rail is very nice ;) however i have seen a few video's and the stock looks less then stable ... it looks quite wobbly :( also the battery in the hand guard makes the gun a little more front heavy, on an already front heavy gun :angry:

sooo i looked to the mk2, battery in the stock :D for better balance (and i can fit a huge battery in there) .... yet no scope RIS :o (i know i can get a replacement with ris so its not a major deal/show stopper) and its long ..... it longer than a Ed thread ... its longer then a cricket test match! ... it could be the longest thing on earth :o:P:D:D (ok so i may have exaggerated a little there, but you get the point)

as for the other versions:-

i dont like the look of the Mk1,

the mk46 mod0 looks cool, but i am not a fan of the stock, and i cannot get it for anywhere near what i can afford

thanks in advance guys B)

Lets start off by saying, the Mk2 cannot be the longest thing ever, I have already nabbed the exact title of "longest thing ever".

Puns aside; what is your play style sp00n?

I think, if you're wanting to shoot'n'scoot as it were, you'd be best with the para version. Lay down some fire, then jump up and sprint with the smaller gun.

If, on the otherhand, you're looking to provide a bit more sustained fire from a more fixed position, I'd opt for the Mk2 as the fixed stock would give you a bit of a better platform. I can't think of how to explain it, but with the stock there it may prove more comfortable.

• Supporters

my play style, i tend to stay slightly back, and pin as many people down as i can. i don't always go for hits as keeping the other sides head down and static can win a major victory, and i am not normally a shoot and scoot type, i like advance and hold ;) in one game with 3 team mates, we held 9 opposition in place, till they got a 15 people to reinforce them :D:D:D (admittedly i was using my sniper rifle then, but my normal load out is M4 with 4 450rd hi caps)

admittedly the para is "slightly" more mobile and "slightly" easier to use with the collapsible stock, but weight wise i think they are around the same.

Archived