MG36 advice please!

kirvesuk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all!

Please be gentle, this is my first post! ;)

As much as I have fun with my MP5, I've decided I would like to get something with a bit more range, and larger mags. I've been round and round the reviews and Youtube and if I'm honest, I really quite fancy a Tokyo Marui rifle. I then got interested in electric blowback after seeing a friends' Top Tech G&G, and then to make it worse got interested in support weapons after being pinned by one in my last Airsoft game!

Anyway, long story short, I thought a TM G36 Proline would get me most of my ideal spec in one hit.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_399&products_id=5367

Then, this is where I really need help, would I be able to add this Ares 2500 round mag onto it?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=272_327_445&products_id=2287

If all that works, is it possible to then buy a bipod and turn the gun into an MG36, thereby hitting my last requirement all using the same rifle?

Thanks for any help you can give me :D

• Supporters

Yes, that S-mag will fit a TM gun. However, it's made by Ares so it will look great but may very well not work for long.

Check reviews of it - see if you can find someone who has had one for a while.

The bipod for a G36E / G36MG is integral to the hand guard which is designed for the full length barrel and is 4"-ish longer than the one on the G36K.

However the K you are looking at has a rail under the forward part of the handguard so there's no reason why you couldn't add a 20mm mount bipod, or a grip-pod (but be careful b/c some of those are really sh!t) this is the type you want, this is the type i'd pay someone to take off my gun quietly so nobody knew it had ever been on there !

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum :)

I wouldn't pay over 400 notes on a TM with only 290 FPS which means you gotta fork out more money on upgrades to get to be around 350 FPS go for something with more FPS and costs less that way you'll have more spends kit, mags, scopes etc. bollox paying over the odds for low FPS

Just my option on TM stuff lately

• Supporters

I wouldn't pay over 400 notes on a TM with only 290 FPS which means you gotta fork out more money on upgrades to get to be around 350 FPS go for thing with more FPS and costs less that way you'll have more spends kit, mags, scopes etc. bollox paying over the odds for low FPS

Just my option on TM stuff lately

Good point, but really all that it needs is a 105 spring to be good to go (£10 posted from Bullseye). It will almost certainly have the same range as an average 330-350FPS AEG out of the box, so that should become excellent with a hotter spring.

Is it worth £420 though?

Well, sticking with blowback there's the Umarex G36KV which is about £100 cheaper and, although made by Ares, has a good rep. I'm pretty sure however that to match the range of the TM + 105 spring you'd need to upgrade the air nozzle, hop rubber, and inner barrel at least, maybe the hop unit as well, so £65-£100 (before shipping), but I also think that if you did that, you'd have a gun with a better feel and also a massive battery compartment in the adjustable stock (which itself is better for a support weapon when firing prone), plus a spare skeleton stock which comes with the gun.

Thanks for all the input guys! I had kind of set my heart on a TM, and with a spring upgrade hopefully I won't want to mod it above and beyond that.

So the bipod won't be a problem, what about drum magazine? Anyone got an alternative to the Ares mag?

Cheers

• Supporters

In my opinion,the price on that G36 is ludicrous,you can buy two of those and a hicapa in Japan.

It's a nice and well made gun though,performance is great,but it will benefit greatly from a spring upgrade.I would not go over M100 stuff though and if you are not confident taking the gun apart,you can always give it to a local technician.

Can I also suggest a TM G36 K recoil shock? Echigoya have them for 250£ and factoring in shipping and such it'll be a bit cheaper than buying the old proline of Z1.

SRC also make an MG36 in gen 3,really reliable guns barring a hop unit. Not as good performance wise as TM but pretty damn good none the less. Out of the box it needs a new hop unit and rubber,I would reccomend a G&G green rubber and a G&G or lonex unit.

• Supporters

I have an SRC G36KV which i've modded extensively. IMO the Gen III stock metal hop unit is just fine, but yeah the rubber needs swapping out. As UTJ says, G&G green is a good choice but I went with Prometheus purple which is better.

I'm also 90% certain that you can't just drop a TM compatible G36 hop unit into an SRC G36. There's a difference in the shape of the BB feed and unfortunately the SRC one has more material than the TM compatible, so dremmeling is not the answer... I expect that you could TIG weld some extra tube on there and then dremmel it into shape, but really there's no fcuking point -

the SRC one is zinc alloy, but it's not at all thin or likely to warp/crack. It also has a curve in the end of the piston which delivers pressure from the ring to the rubber, so it is possible to mod an H nub to fit in there. Unfortunately I lost that part of mine and had to buy a whole new hop unit to get another one. But I wasn't prepared to spend the amount I would have had to for an SRC Gen III one from Taiwan, so I bought a generic plastic one; I forget which make but not crap; anyway that's how I know that the TM compatible type is not the same as the SRC, however that piston bit does fit but needs to be dremmeled to take a good nub.

I have a ufc drum mag bought off ehobby. cheap and the best by far cheap drum magazine. the ares one might be better but its damn more expensive and doesn't give any more features.

umarex g36 is not ares, it is s&t. I have one and quite like it, despite it being an aeg. the stock is also solid so you can't put a battery inside. its the g&p aftermarket ones that can do that.

WE now make aeg g36 which although are missing the scope handle are pretty good.

drum mag and g36 =/= mg36

you need a thicker and heavier barrel for it to be one. the standard g36 can also use the drum mag....

Archived