M203's - long or short? That is the question

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So having had a play about with my buddy's ICS GLM I've decided that I probably want an underbarrel M203 launcher for sh1ts and giggles (plus, y'know....it looks cool).

It's an M4A1 soon to be caressed in Magpul hand guard goodness but the question is - long or short? The short barrel appeals as it seems it's less to lug about and I don't want to end up with it overhanging the end of the gun but does the extra length on a long barrel version actually make much difference in terms of spread and/or range? Mostly playing CQB but you never know...

Any and all input welcomed (apart from"don't be stupid they're pointless thing that cost loads and look stupid - I shall have no truck with such sensible advice).

one of SVS is seling his its a long one for £70 it is like new used once but his lost the cartridge so you have to get one. If your intrested send me a message and ill link you to his facebook ect.

Regards

Jay

SVS

www.TeamSVS.co.uk

• Supporters

Ive got the long ICS M203 on my 416. The silencer still out protrudes it. Would a short one look right on your rifle ?

That's my main concern to be totally honest. I reckon a long one will work just fine.

• Supporters

one of SVS is seling his its a long one for £70 it is like new used once but his lost the cartridge so you have to get one. If your intrested send me a message and ill link you to his facebook ect.

Regards

Jay

SVS

www.TeamSVS.co.uk

Cool, PM me his details if you would be so kind. I'll take a look.

The BB shower must open out slightly once they leave the 40mm barrel, so this is something to be aware of with a short.

I paid £90 plus VAT for a new ICS one and it came with their own grenade. Ive since bought a couple more grenades for it.

That's my main concern to be totally honest. I reckon a long one will work just fine.

• Supporters

I've been looking at this one http://www.socomtactical.net/airsoft-accessories-ammo/custom-parts/3-in-1-m203-long.html as it comes with all the parts for different styles of mount (including one for a TM barrel). Plus it's a decent price for what it is.

I just have mine on the rail.

Its the price of the grenades that force the cost up.

I bought some for about £25 each but that is the cheap end. The Madbull ones are really expensive.

I like the ICS one that came with my launcher as it has a green cap that I can fire down the garden with a resounding crump when I dont want lots of BBs everywhere.

There is a post about types of grenades from a few weeks ago.

One thing I dont like about the ICS one is the trigger guard. I didnt want it clipped on to my mag well, which it is designed to do. Some people break them off and have no guard. Worth checking before you buy as I guess it may also apply to other makes as well.

• Supporters

Yeah, I saw the trigger guard thing and thought the same to be honest. It seems limited to the "LMT/military style" ones though.

Archived