airsoft sites with vehicles and other unusual things

chris555
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sites do you normally attend?

Airsoft Plantation use vehicles I think. Although if your looking at helicopter insertion, it'll cost. :(

I read about it in Ai or Airsoft Action magazine recently, I think it was Airsoft Plantations site down in Hampshire that had either the helicopter insertion or via boat..

It is for the helicopter insertion I think but not sure about the boat insertion method. Think it's a great idea for Milsim.

I saw a You Tube video of a small helicopter with its side door removed and somebody firing an Airsoft machine gun at the other team below.

Now that IS cool!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIKUuTxhYmY

• Supporters

The sandpit ( pretty much next door to Bluewater, Kent) have a WMIK with 2 mounted machine guns, several snatch landrovers and a quadbike.

They use loads of props, including a mortar that launches smokes 40 or 50m.

Playing areas wise they have: Sandy/chalky quarry (no really, if the name wasn't the clue), Large industrial units for some close up CQB action, Grass land and woodland.

If you want some really cool stuff I believe Stirling airsoft have been known to use helicopters and boats for insertions at events.

• Supporters

Sh!t now I feel gypped! Helicopter insertions! I was made to feel almost nauseous in the back of a van @Tac House: Spartan once. Be still my beating heart... the mere memory of so much fun is almost too much for me.

Sh!t now I feel gypped! Helicopter insertions! I was made to feel almost nauseous in the back of a van @Tac House: Spartan once. Be still my beating heart... the mere memory of so much fun is almost too much for me.

Ah Ian, you know your gagging for a helicopter insertion now though!! :lol:

I'm not entirely sure i'd be up for it myself what with me being a bit of a tight wad, oh, and scared of heights!!! :o

• Supporters

I dunno about the whole helicopter insertion thing, really it's just paying extra to have a ride in a helicopter. no commercial pilot in the world is going to let you do a proper insertion into a game under fire, the FOD risk is just too high.

That said, if you're into that sort of thing and you don't have the opportunity to fly around in one otherwise, go for it helicopters are awesome!

Obviously.

Ideally insertions are done out of the threat area.

I noticed that on one of the videos, players were told not to return fire from the ground up.

I hope they listened more intently than some of the people I play with.

Realistically, its all OTT and when you are paying around £20 for a days airsofting, is anybody apart from a few wealthy individuals going to stump up for a helicopter or a submarine or a tank. Probably not, but its fun to talk about it and have a look at some videos.

Its just interesting to see how far some people take their hobbies.

Airsofting is based on fantasy. Last game, I stood between a USSF soldier and somebody from the Afrika Corps.

Its just a question of how far you take it.

• Supporters

As a pretty experienced diver I'd quite happily give a scuba assault to a beach or across the quarry at say the sandpit a go. Its pretty much a gimmick, but I have thought about it a couple of times. It's the drybag that's the problem, they'd have to be really high quality for me to trust my gun in it.

Aloksak 32"x12" bag sealed to 60m depth. About £23.

You might want to pack it in a normal drysack with all the air expelled, just to give some additional mechanical protection.

I noticed the Sandpit did the waterborne insertion without anybody wearing lifejackets. If anybody went over the side, they would struggle with all that gear on. Those quarry pits are deep and cold. On the waterborne stuff I've done, we always wear self inflating lifejackets - available in olive or camo.

• Supporters

Good shout on the dry bag, double bagging would definitely be the way forward, and you are right truthfully it would be much better giving the kit to a marshal or cashing it somewhere before hand. I'd also give a SEAL type swimming insertion a go as well, but it'd have to be night time and light reflecting on the surface of the water would be a concern.

I was struggling to see any flotation for the people on the rib, I wouldn't do that, even if I left the padding in the plate carrier.

I have experience of diving in quarries and you are damn right about depth and cold. The thermoclines don't tend to be very deep but the differences in temperature can be significant.

Archived