Which airsoft shop

Woodyjw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

jd are nice, but they really don't support their warranty. if it breaks, you're on your own.

redwolf are kind of close to jd, as well as the grange. The grange isn't too big though.

Where are you located ?

Its always good to go and see them in the flesh if you can. Also there is a logic in the madness in that you can take them back if you have any problems.

• Supporters

I suspect either Airsoft World or Zero One are the biggest, but AW is up in Scotland and Z1 way down south. I'd say it also depends on what kind of gun you want. Some shops are better than others for certain brands and some brands are better for certain guns. For eg ICS are generally good guns, but their L85A2 is exceptionally good and Fire Support, the best retailer for ICS, are not too far from Lincs.

You might be best going to a shop to have a hold of a few different styles of assault rifle and see what suits you best, then buy it online if you can get it cheaper that way. What's your budget? Will you need battery/ies & charger as well? Spare mags?

Ok well the reason i was thinking about JD was because they are the only people i cAn find that do a SA58 (CA FAL) and they also seem the have more AEGs than the other stores i might be wrong though

• Supporters

Good choice! xsite do the OSW version, but it's fifty odd quid more expensive. Still, JD only have the carbine version in stock and if short is what you want then I reckon the folding stock is much cooler looking - it's just a shame that the battery doesn't go in the handguard b/c i hate wires coming out of a fake PEQ.

The only thing I would be concerned about is that with that gun you're locked into the CA mags for it - not that there's anything wrong with CA mags, the 5 G36 mags I have by CA are my best ones, it's just that you're not going to find them 2nd hand and if CA stop making them you'll be fcuked.

I'd be looking at running a minimum of 5 mid caps & 1 hicap as back up, which comes in at over a hundred quid on top of the mag you get with the three hundred & twenty odd quid gun, plus primary battery and spare, and a sling (too heavy to use without for long, but it would take a RS L1A1 sling for uber cool points). But a full loadout for big game days would need 8 mid caps & a hicap, eh?

In a similar vein, have you considered the G&G GF76's? Take standard STANAG mags I believe and the layout isn't quite the same as the AR-15 variants so it may well be more ergonomically pleasing to operate (if, like me, you find M4's fire selector and trigger placement awkward). Or there's also the G&G GK5C GL - 'kin sub zero!

Edit: ah, hang on, there's always something eh? In this case the 2 G&G's I just mentioned use V2 gearboxes and the CA SA58 uses V3, so that's preferable.

Edit 2: oh yeah, and I met the bloke who owns JD once at The Stan in Sheffield - he seemed to be a good bloke. He'd just helped a bunch of lads with a combined order for a few of the same pistols and BFG's. I have heard some neg-ish stuff since then mind, but I reckon that if you talk to the main man f2f you'd be fine.

i'd say pro airsoft supplies or Zero one are the biggest,

I live close to JD but they are very limited as to what they have in and the website isn't ever right to what they have in stock.

Can't beat JD for customer service - never had a bad experience buying from Phil.

• Supporters

Can't beat JD for customer service - never had a bad experience buying from Phil.

Really?

Do you know him in real life or something? I think you're the only person I've ever encountered who could come anywhere close to praising JD's customer service.

I only know Phil, from purchasing from JD, and I personally have never had a bad sales experience, and know several others that could say the same, so maybe you should get out more and meet more people ;)

Thanks ive taken all that into concideration and the main reason i want to go to a shop is so i can have a look at varied types of AEGs, im after the full size one mot the carbine do you know anywhere else that sells them

• Supporters

Dunno, maybe if you import from the states but that will definitely get hit for customs charges - i expect that if you trawl through some Hong Kong sites, then if it's still being manufactured by CA 1 of them will have it.

I dunno anything about ZL/Quality Power or AGM but they both (all 3?) manufacture long barrelled SA58's...

If this is a sorta 'labour of love' type project for you, uncompany.com have a metal RIS for CA SA58's so I expect you could fit that to a carbine or OSW and extend the barrel by 4" (or whatever) at the base... it is $128 though and that's without shipping

And as regarding comments on JD airsoft , to be honest i have used them twice i think, and they have always been good. Infact to be honest i could not say anything bad about any except do not use, specialairsoftsupplies as i think you pay for it and never get it, i emailed them 6 times, no reply, phoned, no one picked up, yet they still take ya money. Once you google them you see dame, i been got and im not the only one. But thats about it all others i used, Zeroone, Fire support, JD, Eliteairsoft uk, and many more been good.

Archived