Fitment issue with Heroshark Goggles

viowithcrailtap
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I got my Herosharks yesterday and they don't fit as well as I'd hoped. I've got gaps at the bottom of the lens and I'm worried that a BB might sneak up and smash me in the eye.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so is there a remedy for this?

It's a shame cause they're really good :(

• Supporters

My Daggernose ones were a little loose at 1st, shaped for somebody with a wider face, but i was able to bend them to fit me better. As a result the mesh almost comes out of the frame at the bottom in the middle, over my nose, sometimes. The mesh is strong and stiff enough that this isn't a safety issue, but it's a bit of a bummer for the look.

If yours are Mako or the other design with 2 separate eye pieces, I'd say that you're stuffed unless you add some foam to the inside of the frame, or...

...and this may be a bit radical, see if you can heat the frame enough to bend it without knackering them. I'd start with boiling water splashed on it first and escalate from there if it doesn't work.

• Supporters

My Daggernose ones were a little loose at 1st, shaped for somebody with a wider face, but i was able to bend them to fit me better. As a result the mesh almost comes out of the frame at the bottom in the middle, over my nose, sometimes. The mesh is strong and stiff enough that this isn't a safety issue, but it's a bit of a bummer for the look.

If yours are Mako or the other design with 2 separate eye pieces, I'd say that you're stuffed unless you add some foam to the inside of the frame, or...

...and this may be a bit radical, see if you can heat the frame enough to bend it without knackering them. I'd start with boiling water splashed on it first and escalate from there if it doesn't work.

my mako's came with foam/rubbery stuff on the inside ;)

• Supporters

my mako's came with foam/rubbery stuff on the inside ;)

Yeah, of course, so did my Daggernose. What I'm suggesting is adding more to fill any gaps, yer nitpicking bugger! :P

I've got Daggernose and I've got the same problem with them being for a wider face. I spoke to HS and he said he'd take off some of the padding on the bridge and see how the fit goes from there but I'm a bit hesitant about hacking bits off.

Well look mate, it's your choice whether you have a go at them or whether you have HS do it, but I'm guessing he won't do it for free? Plus there'll be P&P involved also. Still, he may well do it more neatly. If you get someone to help you measure your head, he may be able to bend them into a better shape for you also... - I did it over my knee, but then again I bought them cheap in a closing down sale, so I didn't have the option of custom fitting.

The thing with the mesh and the surround is that they do bend quite a bit. You should be able to shape them yourself with a bit of twisting to get them to fit snugly. You will find that shooting glasses have a damn sight larger area of possible penetration around them than hero shark goggles. I had to bend mine around a bit to fit my very wide nose bridge (thank you rugby, the sport, not the place, for that). Don't be afraid to bend them around a bit. You can also glue a little bit of padding to help, or remove padding to help. A dab of super glue puts it back in place either way.

The thing with the mesh and the surround is that they do bend quite a bit. You should be able to shape them yourself with a bit of twisting to get them to fit snugly. You will find that shooting glasses have a damn sight larger area of possible penetration around them than hero shark goggles. I had to bend mine around a bit to fit my very wide nose bridge (thank you rugby, the sport, not the place, for that). Don't be afraid to bend them around a bit. You can also glue a little bit of padding to help, or remove padding to help. A dab of super glue puts it back in place either way.

I'm going to have a go at slightly bending and twisting them. I don't think the gap that's currently there is big enough to let a BB through. I've seen the gaps with the shooting glasses and they're a lot bigger than the gaps I've got.

Thanks of the advice

• Supporters

Glad to hear it :)

Archived