Red dot sight/scope question

crusty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I currently have a red dot sight on my P90, where i play we have buildings with dark areas to hide in if needed, but if i'm in one of these areas the opposition can see my red dot shining giving away my position, is there any way to avoid this being seen without the obvious turning it off or is there another choice of red dot or holographic sight/scope that does not do this?

Thanks in advance

You could have the front lens of the sight replaced with a lens that has a one-way red tint on it. One-way tint is used on red dots so that you can't see the dot on the other side of the sight.

That may prove a little difficult, so just search for 'passive' red dot sights- the G&P GP121 is decent, I have one and it's pretty good looking. It has 5 brightnesses and lens covers as well. Not bad for £40 off Ebay.

• Supporters

G&P GP121 is decent

They're awful, you may have gotten lucky with yours. I've been through 2 and I know Sam's been through 1 as well. They look and feel good but after a while the slightest knock turns them off. I'm a huge G&P fan but on these they definitely messed up.

@OP perhaps try using a killflash, it may help- if not try putting a secondary lense in front as TM suggested.

They are? Mine's been brilliant so far! Although I probably have been lucky with it.

My friend's one also has a tendency to turn off.

Not the best thing since it's being run on a GBB M14...

Archived