good places to get genuine mil spec gear

chris555
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

looking for some good sources for good genuine gear i am exploring the web and found a few but if any one has had any good dealings or knows of good places please post its pay day and this hobby demands more spending and for the record if you buy boots buy altbergs mine are a size to big and still more comfortable than any boot i have worn (got them for 50 quid brand new so got lucky).

hello mark i am looking for a good assault vest/webbing and a pistol holster for my glock at the moment as well as rifle slings to fit my mp44 (stg44) and m4. ideally i would like the gear to be sutible for real world as i have plans to join up as well. been looking at the m83 assult vest from south africa and the Israeli one as well both are supposed to have good storage and be reliable

Hi Chris

If your planning to join up forget buying any kit you will be issued everything you need and I prommise you it will get ruined during basic training.

After that then you get the kit you want, ie. jetboil or crusader cookers instaed of the issue hexi burners.

As for stuff for airsoft its down to personal choice of what type of load out you want, ebay is the best place but beware cheap copy's

Other than issue kit(which is tough stuff and battle proven). I use Blackhawk and disciple kit,I have used this in the field and it has stood up to the riggors of mud, dust and crap.

If your looking at assault vests etc find somewhere to try them on before buying.

I have to use my Osprey Mkiv kit and I do miss my '95 dpm webbing but that is my choice.

Any other questions I will be glad to help

• Supporters

flecktarn.co.uk

militaryops.co.uk/

surplusandoutdoors.com/

but fleabay and patience are your best bet - I got a WAS RICAS in black in good nik for £50 last Jan :lol:

Edit: oh yeah and re: using your own stuff if/when you join up - not until you've passed out at least - if you turn up with your own kit you are just going to get yelled at and mocked by your instructors. I mean sh!t, you're going to get that anyway, don't make it any worse for yourself.

Balls and here i had plans to use familiar gear and nice altberg boots so i dont get blisters to make life easy lol foolish dreams it would seem still can use the boots and vest after basic so not all bad. Lets keep the list going tho cant be the only one looking for suppliers.

I have used Military ops for a few things, I had to return a pair of trousers as I ordered the wrong size, there customer service was brilliant nothing was too much trouble.

Archived