first game

chazman94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all just a few questions.

I've been wanting to get into airsoft for a while now but all my mates aint Into things like this so was just wondering how it would be to go by myself are people generally welcoming and what I would need to bring for my first time. Thanks

Don't worry too much about getting everything right away. You'll learn a lot during your first game and you'll pick it up pretty quickly. For your first time check these threads out http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/?hl=guide and http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

Just remember to take your hits, wind your mag and don't go crazy buying crap you don't need.

I dont know what age you are, but if you are young just check the site rules about unaccompanied players and being signed in etc.

People are very friendly but you have to make the effort to talk to them.

Don't expect people to notice you are on your own and come over.

Tell the organisers its your first game and you don't know the ropes and they might put you with some other guys of your own age.

As for friends, make new ones at Airsoft. Just show interest in peoples guns or loadouts..

Im an adult and my established buddies think me playing Airsoft is quite funny. They see it as a load of walts running round dressed as Arnie.

No big deal. I laugh it off and keep Airsoft and non-Airsoft friends.

No problem then.

Some of what I have said still applies.

I went to my first game on my own as nobody else wanted to try it with me.

There was a time when I would have let it stop me, but as you get older, you cant afford to let opportunities slip you by.

Agreed defo gonna jump in and go for it. Gonna hire a gun first time see how it goes then go from their

Good to hear!

This bit isn't advice for your first game, but some things you may consider after your first game if you enjoyed it.

Definitely don't rush into buying your first gun (that is, if you even want to buy one!). Don't rush into buying anything for that matter, remember, it should be about having a good time, not a "how much shit can I fit on this gun and on myself" competition. Some people say this is an expensive hobby, but airsoft can actually be fairly cheap if you play your cards right and consider "Do I REALLY need this?" before you buy twenty pistols and a super laser-torch-sight-tracer-grenadelauncher-dishwasher-cocktailshaker combo attachment.

When in doubt, ask! Ask questions to other players, refs or marshals, or even us here on AF-UK I've yet to meet a player who wasn't happy to talk at length about their guns and gear.

Also avoid JustBBGuns or any site that sounds similar.

• Supporters

Yeah, avoid any sites with BB in the url - it's not a vendetta we're running, they are selling shite for too much and lying about what you get.

Here's my guide. Enjoy :) & welcome.

Archived