G&G CM16 or SRC G36C?

Jellybaby
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, still yet to buy my first skirmishable airsoft gun (2-tone) so need some opinions as i'm 50/50 on which one to buy! Both guns will be from Zero One, Ammo will be from Land Warrior (either Elite Force .2's or Blaster .2's), battery will be from Vapextech UK and gear still yet to find.

So these are the two guns

SRC g36c: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=7030

G&G CM16 raider: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403_494&products_id=6076

Any opinions or recommendations would be very helpful :D

Ps. Sorry if this has been asked before, I know that in one of the threads it says the CM16 is a great first gun, but personal preference and all that.

I was debating between these very same guns for my first too. I decided on the CM16 because it's cheaper. They both fire BBs and I didn't want to spend extra when there wouldn't have been much of a difference anyway. Plus I've heard people complain G36's are too bulky.

Aaah ok cheers! Yeah I have heard and seen that the G36c's are quite weighty and due to me being small ish (5ft 8, quite thing), i dont think i'll enjoy it as much as a light weight gun that's easier to move about. I honestly could buy one or the other. how happy are you with your G&G? Accuracy and ROF?

• Supporters

G&G :) I have the raider L, takes stanag mags, epic range, good rof, and a years warranty as well :)

I have zero ones 8.4v 2200 mah battery lasts all day :)

If you are going to buy without seeing one in the flesh, consider carefully as they are very different guns.

G&G have a wide range of M4 variants to choose from.

Ive never used the SRC so cant comment from experience.

I have used the G&G M4 and I like it.

Bear in mind that the weight will increase quite a lot if you intend to add optics, etc.

I bought a G&G UMP for compactness and its light weight.

Its not so small or light now I have double mags and a suppressor on it.

Ok cheers guys, the g&g seems to be the better gun for me then. Especially as i'll be adding an optic, foregrip, suppresor, and maybe torch/ flashlight depending on where i play.

If I were to get the cm16, would it be better to get the L or the shorter barrel one? Or is that to do with where i play?

G&G :) I have the raider L, takes stanag mags, epic range, good rof, and a years warranty as well :)

Same here, but I have the short version.

If I were to get the cm16, would it be better to get the L or the shorter barrel one? Or is that to do with where i play?

I don't know what the advantages of having a longer barrel are, but I picked the short one because I play in CQB and need to be about to get it around walls and obstacles easier.

• Supporters

I sometimes find mine to be a pain moving it around, when playing a CQB site, its still do-able/useable etc, but i just feel the shorter one would be better.

i have no experience with the shorter version, but i would expect it to be very very similar in terms of fps/rof/range/accuracy wise ;)

I have the same one as sp00n.

get this one and spend the rest on accessories.

Ok, looks like i'm getting the g&g then! Will have to make it look different to my friends though, just found out he's getting the same one except it's from GE and from JBBG, plus it's £180 + £10 for 2-tone, so £190 for a bad gun from a bad company! Correct me if i'm wrong but i've never heard a great thing about GE?

• Supporters

I have the same one as sp00n.

get this one and spend the rest on accessories.

*cough* copy cat *cough* ;);):D

Ok, looks like i'm getting the g&g then! Will have to make it look different to my friends though, just found out he's getting the same one except it's from GE and from JBBG, plus it's £180 + £10 for 2-tone, so £190 for a bad gun from a bad company! Correct me if i'm wrong but i've never heard a great thing about GE?

never heard off them, you sure he didnt mean GP?

*cough* copy cat *cough* ;);):D

never heard off them, you sure he didnt mean GP?

I mean GE as in Golden Eagle. I think i'm going with the G36c to be honest, don't want the same gun as him, as i'll feel like i have to spend money on making mine look different. Only down side for accessories (G36) is that the bottom rail the foregrip sits on isnt very long, so not much adjustment for it. :angry:

If its not accurate enough, i'll buy a Deep Fire 6.02mm TBB, if the ROF isnt good enough, then I think i'll have to buy a new motor as i'll be getting a 9.6v for it straight away. I may even end up getting a battery box off Zero One just so I can get the higher mAh batteries.

• Supporters

i have never heard of golden eagle, double eagle maybe ..... just do not get there AEG's (double eagle's) ... they are bad :angry:

why not get the same style of gun, you could share mag's if needed?

its your call, in what you get ;)

Archived