WE Katana

Kaza66
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I was looking today at RIS M4's and the WE's new Katana system sprung to mind.

I did a little research and I have to say they do sound pretty smashing. But WE are new to the AEG market and I have to ask myself, "Would I really sell a reliable trusty G&G Top Tech Gen 2, for a newly foundled Katana thing"

But then on the other hand I have to ask myself " Do I stick with a boring ol' M4A1, - plastic handguard, that's an absolute pain in the arse to work on, or do I take a chance.."

I was just wondering if any of you guys had any experience, thoughts, heard and rumours, or even have one yourself?

Cheers.

My friend has the standard cheap WE M4 and its been very reliable.

Hop up is pretty good as well.

Holds its own and very good value.

Never heard about the katana though.

I saw the Katana months ago. Think it was the first one in the country.

Must say i was impressed with the quality of the build. Didn't fire it so cant comment on that.

I would buy one if i wanted a new AEG.

My friend has the standard cheap WE M4 and its been very reliable.

Hop up is pretty good as well.

Holds its own and very good value.

Never heard about the katana though.

Thankyou for the input. I think if I moved from a G&G TT and to a WE AEG though I would have to go for the Katana. - I would want something that at the very least performed equally if not better.

I saw the Katana months ago. Think it was the first one in the country.

Must say i was impressed with the quality of the build. Didn't fire it so cant comment on that.

I would buy one if i wanted a new AEG.

Would you buy one instead of the G&G TT you already had. I can't knock my G&G for reliability and firing when it needs to, I don't think I would want to throw that away really.

• Supporters

The first batch had a number of internal related issues, I beleive that they have now been sorted though. WE has a lot of support in the UK so it's probably a safe buy, but whether they'd be as good as a G&G/G&P/VFC alternative I couldn't say.

I have never used or even held a G&G TT so i cant say.

I would not however buy one over my TM recoil or VFC AEGs.

Yeah, I was kinda looking for A: Something that is aaesthetically pleasing. B: Something that I can either work on to get it to where I want it to be or will come pretty much how I want out the box.

Interesting proposal from WE - a gun with colour coded interchangeable springs !

A few of the well known retailers are offering them so they cannot be that bad.

Have you looked online for reviews ?

Personally, Im not that keen on the looks of the Katana that seems to be on offer - looks like its M4 based

but dont recognise the front end.

• Supporters

Personally, Im not that keen on the looks of the Katana that seems to be on offer - looks like its M4 based

but dont recognise the front end.

That's only the raptor version. The front end is based on the remington RGP upper.

Archived