APS urban Assault Rifle – discuss...

Maff-7777

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So what do people think of the UAR by APS?

Do people object to the fact it's not based upon a real gun?

Is it a good gun?

Has anyone handled one?

Does it look like a toy gun?

m.

More importantly, do you like it?

You have to carry it around all day.

Most modern assault rifles look similar from a distance and Im usually too busy trying not to get shot to notice the detail on other peoples guns.

Personally, not my choice, but then what do people base their personal choice on ?

I tend to choose the Airsoft gun that matches the real firearm I would use for a similar objective.

I assume you have already heard this but others may be interested in this review

I do like it yeah. Just wondered other people's thoughts on it. I like it because it looks like the assault rifles from Halo... But it does look kinda plasticy.

I've heard it performs well. And seems to be easier to get hold of now.

• Supporters

No.

APS claim it's designed for airsoft from the ground up, but if you ask me, it looks somewhat similar to the MSBS Radon, which is a bullpup version, of the Polish version of the ACR/Masada.

http://cdn.airsoftsociety.com/forums/attachments/f41/1674d1282074020-msbs-radon-fancy-looking-polish-acr-bullpup-1282059409288.jpg

• Supporters

I don't really see the appeal in all these made up rifles and stuff. I play airsoft so I can have access to realistic rifles that are pretty much as close to the real thing as you can get, if I wasnt interested in realistic guns I'd play paintball or lasertag or something. It's down to preference of course, I just personally don't really see the point.

Wow, the UAR does look a lot like the Radon doesn't it?

The UAR is a very temping gun. I've had to slash my first gun budget, so its looking a good option. Toss up between that and the ASG AUG A3.

It's very accurate from what I've heard,but APS don't have great QC and it varies a bit.

Gearbox is solid and well assembled,but the steel sector chip eats tappet plates over the long term

Also has a major feeding problem on some models,resulting in worse accuracy,may have been fixed in newer models

trigger course is rather long but response is good.

selector switch is rather uncomfortable.

But overall,great bang for buck and a surprisingly good rifle.

I'd take it over a ASG/JG AUG any day.

Cool, well the nicean in the video recomends e-mags. I will email the couple of suppliers I know I selling it. See what they say.

Cool, well the nicean in the video recomends e-mags. I will email the couple of suppliers I know I selling it. See what they say.

Would you happen tell me whom is stocking it as I am looking to get one and am looking around for the cheapest supplier , Thanks for making the thread. :)

Redwolk UK and Mad Badger. If you do confirm which midcaps work - please share.

This is my first gun so I don't fancy modifying it or my mags with a hacksaw.

I have one, and I like it. Accuracy is very good, and I like the ergonomics, but then I also liked my RS type 97B as well.. As for mags, well it is a bit temperamental. It takes plastic ICS mags, but not metal as they are a bit heavy and pull the front down very slightly, just enough to not engage. If you want mid caps, that are not APS (their midcaps are 60 round ones) then you have to modify the mag well slightly as it has a spring which pops the mags out when the release is pressed. I removed these and lengthend the space behind the hop a bit (about 1cm) and now it takes mid caps. I have a metal ACM mag which I will try this week. It takes stick batteries and I run it on my old 9.6V and it runs happily. Easy to take apart and put back together again, unlike my RS97B. Quite light as it is made of plastic, but does not feel really plasticy if you know what I mean.

So would I recommend it: Yes, but to start with just use the APS magazines. Hicaps are 160 round and mid caps are 60 round. you can pick them up from www.Taiwangun.com for £7 each plus postage.

So, your saying it will only take non APS midcaps only after modifying it? No other brand if midcaps will fit?

I'm new to airsoft, but already dislike the twiddly wheel and rattling if highcaps. But I'm a little hesitant to carve chunks out of the very first gun I get.

A better starter gun would be a G&G Wombat Musheen* M4.

Proven to be more reliable and more mag friendly,no fiddly things to do. APS UAR is great and all,but not idea for a starter gun due to little niggles that need sorting.

*Combat Machine,I've got the reddit disease :[

Yes I am saying that it will only take NON APS mid cap magazines AFTER you modify the magwell. However at £7 per magazine, you may as well buy APS midcaps.

I'm really not liking the look of the midcaps that come with the gun. They have all the drawbacks of a highcap (rattling reservoir, annoying winding wheel) but without the bennifit of its high capacity.

Its does seem a huge design flaw that they can't take m4 midcaps without modifying then.

Ok, you are mistaken here. The magazines that come with the gun are "hicaps" which hold 150 rounds or there abouts and have a wheel which means they rattle a bit. You can buy proper midcaps, which look identical, but hold 60 rounds. I have both, and both cost about £7 plus postage.

So hicaps come with a wheel or a battery or a winding tool

midcaps have a long spring

low caps have a short spring and tend to hold "real" magazine ammo loads, or 30 rounds.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the necro-post, but i didnt want to start a new thread.

Has anybody bought the second version of the UAR? It supposedley fixed the mag issue and moved the batteries to the stock so it fits a mini type, was just wondering about peoples impressions

Thanks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.