www.airsoft-club.com

almurry

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes I know with this site im taking money out of the UK airsoft industry but the 3 items I got are not sold in the UK only on EBAY but in the end they come from Hong Kong or China anyway if I did get them from EBAY. And I looked around 20 or 30 UK retailers to find them first and no joy.

Pro’s

They use a PayPal facility witch is very good that means your protected.

They give you the cost of P&P as you add items to your shopping cart.

They say it would take between 10 to 14 working days for delivery and I got mine in 7 days.

They send your items as a gift so there is no import tax to pay if you as them to in the comments box.

Con’s

If anything is wrong with you item’s you have to pay postage back.

They don’t get back to you when you contact us.

• 3 weeks later...

personally i like them they always seem to have the stuff i cant find anywhere else and usually cheaper than stuff on ebay or amazon

• Supporters

Don't see any problem with buying from outside the UK if it is cheaper (especially if it is cheaper after paying import duty/VAT).

For guns I prefer to buy from our local site as they offer a great back-up service and often make no charge for relaively simple repairs.

Otherwise I see no reason why I should pay say £300 or more for an item that sells for $300 in USA or Hong Kong. Even allowing for VAT, that would still only be about £230 (maybe a bit more with postage).

• 7 months later...
  • Root Admin

I've ordered from these guys before and had mixed experiences. A recent purchase, however, has made me never want to use them again.

So I ordered a G&P M2 red dot. The first problem arose here: I didn't receive a single e-mail after paying for the item. I've had them before, and thought this must be in error, so I sent them an e-mail and - after 3 days of waiting - they got back to me with a tracking code. These things happen, so it was fine.

Fast-forward 10 days or so, and I've got the aimpoint: I take it out of the box, throw in some batteries and nothing; it's broken. I try different batteries, and make sure I've got the batteries in the right way around - nothing works. I send them an e-mail, and after a few days of waiting, they say they'll send a replacement. Excellent news - a free replacement without the need for returning mine. I ask them to check the packaging this time as the aimpoint was rattling around in the box a lot and that that could have something to do with it.

I get the replacement, and it's not working either. I also notice that, again, the damn thing is poorly packaged and has been rattling in the box through its journey. I take pictures, and record a video showing that the thing isn't working. I also provide some instructional images on how to pack the optic without it rattling around (it just needed some bubblewrap). I send this all off, and they - this time - request I return the products before a refund. Well, it cost me $44 shipped, and shipping it back would perhaps cost me another $15-20. I really didn't want to end up paying $60 for a half-guarantee that they might send me one that's working. At that point, I'd rather buy one from the UK at a massively inflated price. I offer to pay the shipping on a second replacement; they agree.

I ask them to take a picture of a.) how its been packed before its sent and b.) the optic working before they send it

I get the second replacement and surprise surprise, it's another lemon. It's also been rattling around in the box the whole way here... again. I requested the images I asked for of it working before they send it, but they never took any. I've now been sent three of these optics and none have worked; G&P make some of the better aimpoint clones, and I don't believe for a second that all three were busted before they left their factory. Either they were aware that they were sending me a broken product (or just didn't test it as the claimed they had) or the packaging was responsible for it breaking in shipping.

So, as you can imagine, that's the last time I'll be using these guys for any purchases. It's a shame, because their shop has some fairly nice stuff in it that's hard to get elsewhere.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.