Battlefield 4

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

That shouldn't be a glitch, a lot of games have that as feature, which I like. It's not like you're going to empty the rounds from a magazine to top up another one in the middle of a firefight.

One of the reasons I like ArmA so much is that it remembers how many rounds are left in each magazine, when you re-load, it puts the one with the most in the gun. If you re-load after every few shots, like people do in most FPS games, then you'll eventually be left with 10 magazines with 3 or 4 shots in each.

I play on an Arma server which has the merge magazine script which is pretty cool. It takes a while so it isn't something you can do under fire. ACRE is also immense.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

That shouldn't be a glitch, a lot of games have that as feature, which I like. It's not like you're going to empty the rounds from a magazine to top up another one in the middle of a firefight.

One of the reasons I like ArmA so much is that it remembers how many rounds are left in each magazine, when you re-load, it puts the one with the most in the gun. If you re-load after every few shots, like people do in most FPS games, then you'll eventually be left with 10 magazines with 3 or 4 shots in each.

It clearly is a glitch though, because you lose chamber rounds from your overall ammo pool whenever you do a short reload.

Also, if you try it with shotguns, then the mechanic is broken as fuck, 'cos for every one shell you put in the gun, you lose a full tube's worth from your ammo pool. So each single shot costs you about 7 from your overall ammo.

I do really like it though. Minus how it works on shotguns. But I would prefer it if you came back to the mags at the end, 'cos you wouldn't just lob a mag on the floor. Especially if it was from an obscure weapon with unique magazines.

• Supporters

I remember one of the Ghost Recon/GRAW games having the whole lose what's in the mag when you reload mechanic. Made it interesting having limited ammo of course but then...it IS just a game.

I like games in which you lose that mag if you do a tactical reload, makes you think about being more conservative. Has anyone heard about that Europe VS USA competition on the Xbox? Seems like an interesting thing that I will end up doing :D

• Supporters

Would be nice to see that in hardcore modes, and then the normal thing in standard modes, or, give server owners the option to turn it on/off, only problem with that is, no-one would actually turn it on.

• Supporters

Does it flow smoother than the previous game?

I haven't played enough to know Marcus, but I'm liking your post because of your signature.

• Supporters

CoD was the only game on current gen consoles that ran at 60 frames per second.

BF3 and everything else was limited to 30fps. So BF4 will be the same as BF3 in that respect. On current gen at least.

On next gen it's getting buffed to 60fps, so then it'll be a lot smoother.

Can't wait for next gen. It's sad to see that over time your system just can't run all the great games there are coming out how you'd like them to.

I've got to say, through playing the beta, I will definitely be buying the full game. For me, it flows much MUCH smoother than BF3, and seeing that building coming down always wows me.

Still, IMO Ghosts looks semi - promising. CODs always been the best flowing game for me, but then that's probably just due to the good frame rate aha...

• Supporters

CoD was the only game on current gen consoles that ran at 60 frames per second.

BF3 and everything else was limited to 30fps. So BF4 will be the same as BF3 in that respect. On current gen at least.

On next gen it's getting buffed to 60fps, so then it'll be a lot smoother.

Cheers Ed, that would explain it then :)

• Supporters

I'm used to playing Hardcore on BF3 so all the weapons seem shit to me. But the DMRs are especially wank and so is the tank's .50 and coaxial MG.

And don't even get me started on the tank shell drop. Anyone would think they weighed 50 tons and were made of magnets, firing over a metal range...

• 1 month later...

Unless your playing this game on next gen or pc forget it. It's shocking the maps are downsized and graphics are rubbish. Pc gaming beats everything and also i have fell through the map about 5 times in the single player campaign. If your a pc gamer look up arma 3 best game ever

Call of Duty 1, 2 and 3 were amazing - when we refer to the progressively sh*tty Modern Warfare series can we play make sure we're not calling it 'COD'? The old games were absolutely fantastic.

Throwing potatoes into bathtubs!

"Now!, throw the grenades!"

"But these are potatoes commissar?!"

"A grenade is worth more than you so we use potatoes"

• Supporters

Unless your playing this game on next gen or pc forget it. It's shocking the maps are downsized and graphics are rubbish. Pc gaming beats everything and also i have fell through the map about 5 times in the single player campaign. If your a pc gamer look up arma 3 best game ever

Arma always seems like less of a game and more a digital tour of duty, complete with command heirarchy and orders that make no sense and getting shot by a bloke half a mile away that I will never see. I like to have fun when I'm gaming and Arma just feels like a job.

Anyway - check this out (Arma 3 running on the Large Pixel Collider - a behemoth of a PC running four Titan GTX graphics cards!) http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/18/introducing-the-large-pixel-collider-a-computer-of-uncomfortable-power/?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=emp&utm_campaign=uk

That pixel collider is crazy I've already seen the footage it's awesome

• Supporters

Ever wanted to see a grenade explode in super slow motion? (2500 frames per second)

Ever wondered what would actually happen if you threw a grenade into a stack of conveniently placed explosive barrels a la Battlefield?

Well wonder no more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUu4ZLtDSs#t=49

• 6 months later...

Makes me laugh how Wilson seems to think that 1080p and the PC Platform is risky and unfinished. The only thing that was unfinished was his game.

• Supporters

Makes me laugh how Wilson seems to think that 1080p and the PC Platform is risky and unfinished. The only thing that was unfinished was his game.

Pc is always riskier than developing for console because you have so many variations of hardware.

• 2 months later...

I don't love battlefield 4 but the multiplayer stuff on they're is beasty!

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey is my favourite game!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IL-2-Sturmovik-Birds-Prey-PS3/dp/B002BSI7A4

• Supporters

Sturmovik was ACE!

I have IL2 Sturmovik:Cliffs of Dover too but haven't got around to loading it up yet!

Archived