New player looking for alittle help

richomufc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, my first skirmish was awhile ago now and im getting ready for number two, I have loads of thoughts running through my mind looking through online stores everynight wanting to upgrade my gun with every gizmo available, heres to hoping you nice people could point me in the right direction before I blow all my money on the wrong things, I picked up a KWA S-System and im really happy to have a high end gun from the get go, although after skirmishing I have a few problems, first off i found myself not winding the mag often enough and not even realising that nothing was feeding (resulting in me looking like a tit) I saw a guy pulling some chord on his magazine, do they work better? also Im having a problem with the size of the battery compartment inside the RIS? I heard a LiPo works really well with this gun but im not left with much space and im not too sure what voltage it can handle so any help with that would be much appreciated, It came with a red dot sight that i cant complain about and a foregrip that I dont really like as it wobbles and a button in the bottom turns it into a bipod, I think before i take it out again a new battery and a sling is my main concern but can anyone tell me where to go from there? also my goggles steam up so bad, ruined the day thinking about glasses or mesh goggles.

sorry for the wall of text but anyone who manages to read through all that has my respect, thank you

Pictures on request but struggled to upload :S

I made the same mistake regarding winding on my first game.

The site didnt make it clear enough or I wasnt listening properly.

Dont worry though, it soon becomes second nature and you wind absent mindedly at every lull.

I think you are talking about high caps with a drawstring to tension the spring ? Ive seen them as well, but havent succumbed yet.

I want to really get more experience with what I have before trying other things.

Its very easy to get carried away with kit.

If you have problem with goggles, try anti fog spray. Failing that, switch to ballistic glasses or mesh goggles, of which much has been written in other posts.

Is your gun the KWA M4 ?

Im sure others will be able to better advise about batteries,but if yours is the M4 I assume the battery goes in the stock like my gun ? I use the LiPO stick battery and it just fits. The M4 uses the mini Tamiya connector though I believe.

You need to ditch the high caps though unless you want to be a support gunner and get yourself some mid caps. No winding for those bad boys and depending on which brand you get they can hold between 75 - 140 rounds. Get yourself about 5 or 6 of them and your sorted.

Take a look at Ian's noob guide for further advice. Ian has done a very good guide for new starters and has plenty of experience, so take a look at the guide and view his links!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

I'm in agreement with the guys here. Mesh googles and Midcaps are a decent choice. The good thing about Midcaps is you get that authentic reloading experience which I proper love. You don't need that many, 3 to 5 tops. I clapped together a guide on skirmishes a while back, might be useful for you to:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/16658-beginners-guide-to-close-quarter-battles/

Yeah its an M4 but my stock is adjustable for the battery first inside the RIS (hardly) and thanks for the advice on mags id rather not have the hassle of winding just for the sake of one or two more reloads per game, Ive checked out all of the guides on the site and they answered most of my questions im now wondering whether it would be better to complete the rest of my gear like with a chest rig before i put a tightbore on my gun etc, also does anyone have experiance with the external battery boxes? was wondering if there would be much of a re-wiring job.

Edit: do the NiMh battery and LiPo use the same connection?

Chill mate chill... you got plenty time to get all the gear... concentrate on figuring out what you want for your style of play.

No point buying all the fancy stuff then realising that you are neither comfy or happy in it and that full rig of awesomness gets caught on anything within 10 foot and you cant get into the pockets.

I have been playing coming up for 2 years now, still keeping my mags in my cargo pockets till i find something that would work for me.

Made that mistake in paintball, bought 4 different rigs in the first year lol.

Aha, I might be playing at Phoenix once i've been around and found out who's best in my area. Think i'm going sunday :P And yeah, check Ian's Guide To Noobism! :D

Archived