HELP finding the Best AEG for me under £500

LuckyStrike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Iv'e recently been airsofting at my local sight every week for the past 6 and have become truly addicted! I'm currently awaiting the completion of my UKARA membership which will become live in 3 weeks, and thus i am in the exciting process of deciding on a gun to buy.

I have put aside the prospect of getting a very cheap (sportline or chinese copy) aeg, as i feel that this is a hobby that i will stick with and carry on for some time, as well as preferring the feel and realism of a weighty gun.

As i am new to the hobby my knowledge of guns is fairly limited, although the main features i would like would be for it to shoot a good distance with a tight grouping, rof doesnt concern me too much but i would still like to be able to put down a good line of fire! As for the structure of the gun crane or foldable stocks appeal to me as i will be using the gun as my primary aeg in a number of woodland and cqb environments, but this is not a necessity.

Guns i have been interested in are..

G&P defender (although i understand theres problems (a long wait) for shipping of new g&p's)

G&P CQBR

Magpul MOE (g&p or king arms)

G&P M4 special forces

Classic Army m15a4 cqb

Tokyo Marui M4 CQBR

I am wondering wether i was on the right track for a good all round first (and only) AEG under £500, any recommendations or opinions on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Safe as ######.

£500 is more then ample for a good gun

You personaly are probily looking for a metal body if you want the weight and reolisim

As for the tight groupings tighbore barrels and advanced HU will improve your groupings

What i recomend is you dont go OTT when buying a first gun becuasse you might find that you dont like that type of gun and you might prefer a AK or say a M14

Jack

£500 is more then ample for a good gun

You personaly are probily looking for a metal body if you want the weight and reolisim

As for the tight groupings tighbore barrels and advanced HU will improve your groupings

What i recomend is you dont go OTT when buying a first gun becuasse you might find that you dont like that type of gun and you might prefer a AK or say a M14

Jack

Cheers Jack, after looking at some more guns i think i'm going to stick with the m4/m15 style platform, as this is my preferred look with my chavy multicam bdu's, ha.

Are there any guns that come with the tightbore barrels and advanced HU out of the box (or close to)? Only atm i dnt want to have to upgrade, are there any company's/models that you would recommend?

Mmm i have herd about a few comming with tightbores but HUs? nope

What you can do if you buy from a place like LWA then they do a fitting serivce for like a extra £15-20?? (not to sure on the price but it ant that much)

you may want to look at the fps of the guns you are thinking of getting ,, remember that woodland norm has a diff max fps to cqb battles .

If you dont , you may not be able to use your gun for cqb if you are over the limit . I know the place i play is 350 fps max (woodland ) but if i go to do cqb i will not be able to use my gun (m14 ) as it runs at 340-345 fps and so will have to buy another gun for it

• Supporters

personally, I would jsut go for a marui with some rails or something.

then buy:

Madbull tightbore

crane stock

some nice batteries for the stock

rewire it to be a stock-wired gun

could all be done for around £300

leaves you enough to put a sweet holo-sight on it.

Cheers for your help, after some consideration i think i'm going to settle for one of two options..

Option 1.

Classic Army m15a4 cqb

2200mAH 9.6 Crane Stock Battery

G&P Ready Mag System and an extra high cap mag.

Total. £430 (with a budget charger)

or Option 2.

G&P cqb/r

8.4V 1500mAh Crane Battery

G&P Ready Mag System and an extra high cap mag.

Total. £470 (again with a budget charger)

Any opinions on which one would make for the better gun? From what iv'e read they both seem fairly similar.

Think i'm going to upgrade the barrel at a later stage. Would you change anything else?

Anything you guys have to say on the matter would be a great help.

Cheers.

The same rules apply to 2nd hand sales.

http://www.component-shop.co.uk is the place to look for batteries and chargers. Bear in my there is no point buying a crazy charger that can do 5A charge rate because you aren't going to be able to use it.

Looks like some good savings to be had, is it important to match the 'ma' of the battery with the charger? does this just affect charging times or does it have adverse affects on the batteries?

For example would a 2200MAH 9.6V battery be ok with a 500/1,000mA Smart charger?

What sort of power would you recommend for the guns in question?

• AF-UK Founding Member

The higher the mah the better really because it means you can be more trigger happy as it will last longer. However longer charging times come with this, that's if you don't have a charger that can keep up.

You don't want to be charging over 1C - basically 1A for a 1000mah battery 2.2A for a 2200mah etc etc.

Charging at 1C with any battery will mean it's done in about an hour :)

• Supporters
Could you recommend a decent charger for these kind of batteries under £40 or so, what are you running? cheers

and MATT! if you spot anything give us a shout! How does second hand buying work with UKARA?

well check with your local site, people are always selling guns.

as with buying a gun 2nd hand the buyer would give the seller there UKARA number and the buyer should check with an airsoft retailer such as zero one airsoft.

Archived