Airsoft Operator needs you!

fivezerothree
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I did say I would create an Airsoft Syndication website and I did! http://airsoftoperator.com

Before this gets any real promotion I thought I would keep it exclusively to Airsoft Forums at the moment. I would like your opinions, questions even your advice if you have any. It also needs yourselves. It's a completely community driven site and aims to be a hive of information, news, tutorials and everything else worth mentioning! The way it's currently working is that it's pretty much just myself at the moment although a fair few are racking up articles and reviews who wish to try their hand at this sort of thing.

I would be hugely grateful if people would like to review their own gear that they used, it can be cheap starter kit or a top end gun – it's all needed! It could even be a tutorial of sorts. If you have already done this before just link it and I will make sure it gets on there.

The website has a nice review system and at the moment we are working it like a rank out of ten and then an average score, but we could do percentages or stars if we thought the change was worthwhile.

Check out a potential review here: http://airsoftoperator.com/does-cheap-always-mean-nasty-with-aegs/

Obviously there are a few hoops to jump through – it has to be written to a decent standard. I can always help out the people who aren't too good here. If you've thought about being a recognised contributor before now, then step up! The idea is, for the community by the community on a large scale and I am more than happy to give people the opportunity and responsibility if they want it.

I've already approached some large, respectable and trusted retailers for sponsorship down the line – I've yet to hear any responses but here's to hoping!

Yeah, so. Whadd'ya think?

First article submitted, next on the list a review on Revision Sawflys & Lowa Elite Desert Boots, anything else people would like reviewing?

Awesome work Mike, thanks for all of your help! We need more contributors like yourself so if anyone is thinking "yeah I could review my gun on different aspects" – then go for it!

bloody well made, *high five*

this website shall be bookmarked for sure, good layout from what ive seen, and the articles are a nice little read too.

bloody well made, *high five*

this website shall be bookmarked for sure, good layout from what ive seen, and the articles are a nice little read too.

Thanks for the kind words man!

• Supporters

Tried a few tiomes to visit the site but keep getting a `time out' message. Maybe just too many people trying to access the site just now or need a more powerful server?

Tried some links from other forum posts and they worked fine so it does not look like a problem with my internet connection.

• Supporters

For some reason it's not opening for me, may well just be my internet being a nob, but it's working fine with everything else so I'm not sure...

Anyway, I'll happily contribute when I can, feel free to use the Glock 17 review I posted last night.

Tried a few tiomes to visit the site but keep getting a `time out' message. Maybe just too many people trying to access the site just now or need a more powerful server?

Tried some links from other forum posts and they worked fine so it does not look like a problem with my internet connection.

First thing I did this morning is refresh the site stats. It doesn't work. Tried my business site. It doesn't work. Tried my clients sites. They don't funking work. My hosting company said they are experiencing "intermittent issues and should be resolved shortly" – moral of the story? Don't buy American.

For some reason it's not opening for me, may well just be my internet being a nob, but it's working fine with everything else so I'm not sure...

Anyway, I'll happily contribute when I can, feel free to use the Glock 17 review I posted last night.

Thanks Ed. I will give you both a nod when it's back up. It'd mean a lot just to know that you've seen it.

• Supporters

Yup, I'm eager to see it off the back of what other people have said. If you can advertise it well on Facebook then you could gain a pretty large following in next to no time, No Nonsense Airsoft News and Reviews on Facebook and Epic Airsoft HD on YouTube have both been running for incredibly short times, I was one of the first 5 people to like NNAN&R and now they're rather widely recognised.

Maybe see if you can post all of Scoutthedoggie's videos up with his permission or something? That'd get you a pretty solid shout out. Inform Airsoft International or Airsoft Action as well, see if they'll let you advertise in next month's issue or something.

Yup, I'm eager to see it off the back of what other people have said. If you can advertise it well on Facebook then you could gain a pretty large following in next to no time, No Nonsense Airsoft News and Reviews on Facebook and Epic Airsoft HD on YouTube have both been running for incredibly short times, I was one of the first 5 people to like NNAN&R and now they're rather widely recognised.

Maybe see if you can post all of Scoutthedoggie's videos up with his permission or something? That'd get you a pretty solid shout out. Inform Airsoft International or Airsoft Action as well, see if they'll let you advertise in next month's issue or something.

So my host has now explained they had some sort of power failure – they are now conducting a server wide file system check, which could possibly lead to further problems or just rolling back yesterdays back up. *sigh* it's 90% the way through anyway.

Some great advice there Ed. I can't believe I didn't think of FB advertising. Regarding Scoutthedoggie, is he a member of this forum by chance or do you think I should contact him directly through YouTube?

have you made the site with a quick build site or did you do it as a full database and manually upload it to their servers?

have you made the site with a quick build site or did you do it as a full database and manually upload it to their servers?

Technically neither! Im a web and graphic designer by trade and so its a custom job.

Here's a nice update. Bye bye business lol.

07/11/2013 - 06:40
Unfortunately our server is unrecoverable. We are stating a special operations to save current data and recover our server. ETA hours. :o fuck.
07/11/2013 - 06.10
The server has completed its file system check and is back online and operational.
07/11/2013 - 06.00

The file system check is currently at 88%. We will keep you updated as it completes.

07/11/2013 - 05.40
After the power failure at our data centre, ps2 was forced to go into a file system check upon reboot. File system checks are conducted to maintain the integrity of the files on our servers and to avoid data corruption when power failure occurs.

well, that sucks.

If you still have the database, head over to Onefreehosting and get onto their server. Just download a FTP client and bosh you're ready to upload it.

well, that sucks.

If you still have the database, head over to Onefreehosting and get onto their server. Just download a FTP client and bosh you're ready to upload it.

Stuff like that won't be able to handle a site like this. The CPU and RAM requirements are higher than your average so it sits on my VPS which costs me a loads each year. It'll be back online soon they are around 10% through the recovery process.

Lucky I have a crate of Budweiser, a reclining deck chair and sunshine to wait it out with!

ahh nice, im getting a xeon rack soon so I'll have plenty of server space for hositng game servers and websites....although, i more want it for a render farm.

• Supporters

What about your L85 review Ed - that convinced us to buy one - to be fair, it was your general comments about how good they are that convinced us - then read your review and saw how much you spent on upgrades!!!!!

• Supporters

I think the L85 review is a little long and not very well written, I've been thinking about redoing it and keeping it a bit more snappy.

Though feel free to use it if you like.

Scoutthedoggie isn't on these forums though, as far as I know, best bet would probably be to ask him via YouTube or Facebook, though you might have to ask him about 600 times a week, I imagine he gets a lot of messages.

I think the L85 review is a little long and not very well written, I've been thinking about redoing it and keeping it a bit more snappy.

Though feel free to use it if you like.

Scoutthedoggie isn't on these forums though, as far as I know, best bet would probably be to ask him via YouTube or Facebook, though you might have to ask him about 600 times a week, I imagine he gets a lot of messages.

I will give you a bell Ed. The reviews are really needed but all the major points need a rank out of ten. I could always snip away at it and see what you think. If you fancy having a go yourself though no worries!

Archived