Upgrades?

airsofter12345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

im looking to upgrade my G&G cm16 raider short which is shooting about 310 fps. im looking to upgrade its performance in possibly range and accuracy but my local site limit is 328 fps. what upgrades could I do to make my gun stay under the 328 fps limit but still enhance the performance, if any that is. thanks :lol:

Try a Madbull Black Python V2 6.03 inner barrel. That ought to give you a small increase in FPS and improve accuracy, whilst staying under the site limit.

Is your local site a F&O site by chance? They say 328fps but allow up to 350fps in variance.

My upgrade plan will most likely make my gun hot and I'm hoping that some sorbo padding will compensate, if not I will have to get a lesser spring. It's all about balance!

Your G&G rifle comes with a 6.04 as standard, don't bother changing it, change the hop rubber out for a decent one, guarder clear or madbull blue/red, to gain only a small amount that you're after is most likely to be gained from servicing the gearbox and gaining a better air seal rather than just whacking pointless parts in chap

I'm currently using a madbull 6.01 in my gr15 raider short....if ya can hang on till Sunday I'll post a report on it...it was chrono'd at 320 fps before installing but im not sure what it is now untill I get it chrono'd at the site

You might wanna try cheap improvements like thicker wire and ball bearing bushes will help your single shot response a lot

. :D

Your G&G rifle comes with a 6.04 as standard, don't bother changing it, change the hop rubber out for a decent one, guarder clear or madbull blue/red, to gain only a small amount that you're after is most likely to be gained from servicing the gearbox and gaining a better air seal rather than just whacking pointless parts in chap

guarder clear ones wear out pretty fast, it's better to get the madbul blue hop up, red ones ones are for more powerful guns about 400 fps.

And i'm pretty sure that G&G combat machines don't come with tightbores...

but anyways, get a 6.03 python and if you want a fast ROF, the get some 13:1 gears and a high speed motor.

• Supporters

If the hop it comes with is a G&G green rubber, then keep it in, they're the best I've used. I actually buy them as upgrade rubbers for my other guns, they're fantastically good.

If the hop it comes with is a G&G green rubber, then keep it in, they're the best I've used. I actually buy them as upgrade rubbers for my other guns, they're fantastically good.

+1

+1

Better than Guarder Clear? I've literally just taken mine out and replaced it with that. To be honest I cannot see much difference in range at all.

• Supporters

I've not used the Guarder clear, but I've never tried Guarder in general if I'm honest. I generally get the best performance out of Madbull Blue rubbers, and that's in everything I've owned so far.

But the G&G green ones match it easily in range and out match it in accuracy. My G&G Top Tech MP5A4 is just the most flawless gun I've ever, and I imagine, will ever have. Never felt the need to do a single thing to it.

G&G rubbers are just amazingly good, and cost next to nothing. They're as supple and easy to fit as stock black, uber soft rubbers, but they perform like much harder ones, without the stress on your hop unit, so you get a great range of motion in your hop adjustment, but the longevity and performance of a much harder (Madbull Blue style - Which are damn hard for soft rubbers before anyone says anything) rubber.

+1 again. G&G Greens are bloody phenomenal,used one in my AK build in a TM Hop unit and it was ranging exceptionally well and accuracy was great.

Get one if your gun does not have one for whatever reason.

Another upgrade I'd do is wire a basic mosfet to preserve trigger contacts and use more powerful batteries.

G&Gs have good AOE so I'd leave that. Shimming should also be good,but it would be nice to check it.

Rewiring the gun is a good idea,G&G for some reason use noodles for wires like CA. Get some nice beefy wires.

And finally maybe replacing the motor. I don't know G&G CM gear ratio so I don't know weather to recommend a High torque or High speed motor.

Well that's that then. To be honest when I put the Guarder Clear rubber in I was expecting something magical but if anything I noticed that the BB seemed to drop quicker in comparison to the stock G&G Green rubber. I disregarded that because I was told specifically that this would increase it's range.

I was told it will hardly have an effect on an AEG but I want to experiment with a 'H' hop nub too.

• Supporters

hop up is hop up, works just the same in an AEG as it does in a bolt action or a gas gun!

the H-Nub especially just allows the rubber to contact the BB more consistently and across more area allowing you to get more hop-effect from less hop actually dialled on. Definitely worth doing if you're not happy with the amount of backspin you're getting or if you want to run much heavier ammo.

+1 again. G&G Greens are bloody phenomenal,used one in my AK build in a TM Hop unit and it was ranging exceptionally well and accuracy was great.

Get one if your gun does not have one for whatever reason.

Another upgrade I'd do is wire a basic mosfet to preserve trigger contacts and use more powerful batteries.

G&Gs have good AOE so I'd leave that. Shimming should also be good,but it would be nice to check it.

Rewiring the gun is a good idea,G&G for some reason use noodles for wires like CA. Get some nice beefy wires.

And finally maybe replacing the motor. I don't know G&G CM gear ratio so I don't know weather to recommend a High torque or High speed motor.

Well I have just fitted a G&p M120 high speed motor to my gr15 short...and its fantastic,I must be getting 30+ rps!!!

Full spec to give an idea of cost/parts

Madbull 6.01 barrel

Gate nano ab mosfet

Deans connectors

18 awg wire

8mm bearings

Shims

G&P M120 motor

Silicone grease

Time

Patience!

All told its about 130 quid.....and I still need lipos...ill let you know of any reliability issues if they occur ;)

• Supporters

H nubs improve accuracy too, because they only just fit width ways, so the flanges both push on the BB from either side, centering it in the barrel.

Archived