snow wolf SW-10

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

so most people look down on the humble snow wolf SW-10, but all is not as it seems!

Pro's

L96 bolt,

L96 spring,

L96 piston

90 degrees sears

VSR mag (£9'ish airsoft world)

VSR style hop (i cannot confirm)

Cheap!!!!!!!!

cons :-

specific parts! (the trigger mech is specific as far as i know)

bad manual (listing everything as VSR, but its not!)

2-tone (mine is 2 tone blue, but its not as bad as you thing as when prong not much blue is visable etc)

so i bought mine from action hobbies, i paid £50, and i think they are at £39 atm. The first batch had a problem with the trigger sear spring being too weak, which leads to slam firing etc, so was sold as faulty (change spring to a stronger trigger sear spring ... job done, see youtube ;) for more info)

my recommended additions (i am getting 450'ish fps on both 0.2, and 0.25's)

new trigger sear spring

bipod £30 (action hobbies)

VSR scope rail £20 (airsoft world)

scopr £40 (ebay)

MB01 upgrade kit (spring/piston etc etc £30 (ebay)

a quick summery L96 back end (trigger box/spring/piston/bolt etc etc), VSR front end (mag/hop/barel/stock etc etc)

as it stands atm i can hit out to 60-70m, my next mods are going to be hop and tight bore etc which should see me to 100m .. i hope

i have only played 1 game in a skirmish with a sniper rifle, and i have not played with any other sniper rifles, so i am by no means an expert .... but this cheap sniper is worth it in my opinion with my mods i am hitting 450'ish fps with 0.25's :D

future mods ... hop and barrel

You seems to have gotten a good one,They came up in Oirland for a while but they had some major problems,like the receiver cracking,cylinder breaking and the trigger mech being a bigger POS than any 45 degree system,overall,crap pot metals used leading to lots and lots of cracking.

Still,if they have started using better metals in the casting,it seems like a budget PDi Bore up VSR.

However,one thing,On reddit a few guys said the hop unit is VSR Style but out of spec (Same issue as on the AGM),leaving upgrades only to the hop rubber and TDC mod. That may have changed though.

And 70 meters of range? I'm guessing over hopping a bit? But still amazing for an ACM hop unit. It took me ages to get my old TM VSR to shoot that far.

• Supporters

I was lead to believe that The cylinder cracking was a common l96 problem??

The trigger box isn't with out its faults I know even after i sorted the slam fire issue i now have to fully pull back my trigger after each shot to get my piston sear to reset correctly, as my the spring I fitted is a little too strong with it being a 90 degree system.

I have not had the hop out yet so I cannot comment.

The range is amazing, I have to say that it is over hopped, but I have not had chance to play with it much yet, and at the extreme range the bb dose seem to have an odd "veer to the right" which I think is barrel/hop related. I have not had chance yet to try it with heavy bb's either, only 0.25 blasters, I have some 0.4's but I think they maybe too heavy.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

had the hop out and apart today dosnt look too bad, definitely looks VSR style. found a small amout of plastic flashing on the hop arm, which i have trimmed away (this might have been the cause of the "veer to the right" issue)

here is the interesting bit .... no inner barrel supports <_<<_< , and the barrel seems an odd length at 438mm :wacko::wacko:

so next batch of upgrades :-

VSR hop rubber

been looking at hop arms on ASPUK :)

trying to get a tight bore inner barrel and supports (6.03 should do it i think)

• Supporters

had the hop out and apart today dosnt look too bad, definitely looks VSR style. found a small amout of plastic flashing on the hop arm, which i have trimmed away (this might have been the cause of the "veer to the right" issue)

here is the interesting bit .... no inner barrel supports <_<<_< , and the barrel seems an odd length at 438mm :wacko::wacko:

so next batch of upgrades :-

VSR hop rubber

been looking at hop arms on ASPUK :)

trying to get a tight bore inner barrel and supports (6.03 should do it i think)

Spoon, if you want a VSR hop arm, I have one that I bought for my sniper but it didn't fit.

It's the B type one, lemme know if you want it and I'll let it go for £20 all in.

...I just hope I can find it.

• Supporters

Spoon, if you want a VSR hop arm, I have one that I bought for my sniper but it didn't fit.

It's the B type one, lemme know if you want it and I'll let it go for £20 all in.

...I just hope I can find it.

sure do mate :D i am at work atm :angry: , i will PM you tonight when i get home B)

• Supporters

No idea there, that's one of the parts of my sniper that I've not looked into yet.

• Supporters

Wooooo hooooo :D

Dangerwerx type b hop arm fitted (thanks again ed ;) )

Pdi w hop rubbers arrived, have fitted one

Test fired @ 425fps (where did that 25fps go??) will test/set hop on Sunday with any luck :D

Archived